Recommend a hat that's bigger than average

Deet001
Deet001 Posts: 13
edited November 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi

Can anyone recommend a hat that'll fit under my helmet and:
i) comes in large / xl (tried a couple of one size fits all hats on today including Enduro baa baa - too tight)
ii) preferably merino wool
iii) has a peak to keep the sun out of my eyes
iv) will cover my ears

Thanks a lot, D

Comments

• http://www.vulpine.cc/Shop/Mens/Accesso ... AP/ITM1132
    I've had one of their medium storm caps for a while, originally got a large which was huge on me and i normally the find the usual one size fits all aps unbearable tight. Not merino wool though...
  • Here you go...
    Santa.jpg
  • TheHound
    TheHound Posts: 284
    6MY9Kdd48NB8mkHRgBttdZ1L9ik8odZlFW6HMmXXh_757NF4o73GPohGI2jqKLvhhR4MsrlF-5TgXPOIC5wIXgwS4xZGIKjx7s46BUgflNN53KbdGFiLZtrnxqAx4iz8WEo=w417-h627-nc
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
    Handbuilt Wheels by dcrwheels.co.uk
    Fizik Cyrano R3 Handlebars
    Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle
    Deda Superleggero seatpost
  • Walz caps come in very very big sizes.
  • TheHound wrote:
    6MY9Kdd48NB8mkHRgBttdZ1L9ik8odZlFW6HMmXXh_757NF4o73GPohGI2jqKLvhhR4MsrlF-5TgXPOIC5wIXgwS4xZGIKjx7s46BUgflNN53KbdGFiLZtrnxqAx4iz8WEo=w417-h627-nc

OP wants it to be bigger! this guy may have a big head but the hat is small, and doesn't cover the ears! Jeez, I thought this forum was supposed to help people!

This however meets the OP's needs.
    a.baa-Big-funny-hat.jpg
  • Deet001 wrote:
    Hi

Can anyone recommend a hat that'll fit under my helmet and:
    i) comes in large / xl (tried a couple of one size fits all hats on today including Enduro baa baa - too tight)
    ii) preferably merino wool
    iii) has a peak to keep the sun out of my eyes
    iv) will cover my ears

Thanks a lot, D

Not sure why you would need merino wool, far too hot.
    If you need merino wool due to living properly up north you won't need a peak as there is no sun. haven't you heard, it's grim up north!
  • I remember someone mentioning Walz caps in a previous post about large hats. Never tried them myself so can't recommend on sizing, but might be worth looking into. http://www.walzcaps.com/
  • Went with Walz for the bike and the other 3 for generally being a man about town. Thanks!