Marylebone to London Bridge - timings

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,120
edited November 2014 in Commuting chat
Anyone down in The Smoke got any idea how long the above would take, taking into account rush hour traffic, etc? Am trying to make a key decision about biking to work.

Ta in advance

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• under 30 mins - not bad route down Park Lane, down the Mall, and onto the Embankment for a quick blast down to London Bridge
  • secretsam
    under 30 mins - not bad route down Park Lane, down the Mall, and onto the Embankment for a quick blast down to London Bridge

Do I get £200 for passing go each day? :lol: Surely these are rather 'busy' routes? Not that this bothers me - I can 'do' traffic.

How far 'under 30 mins' do we reckon?

• 20 minutes or so... it's 4 miles
    left the forum March 2023
  • secretsam
    20 minutes or so... it's 4 miles

Cheers, Ugo - is that a "real person" (90kg, 175cm) 20 mins? :oops:

Anyway, it's 20-30 mins so that's fine, not much worse than the tube although there's all the faff of changing to take into account

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    To give accurate timings we need to know.....RLJ yes or no?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • secretsam
    The Rookie wrote:
    To give accurate timings we need to know.....RLJ yes or no?

Wash your mouth out. It's a big fat "NO". And I wear a helmet. Any more potential points of dispute that need to be raised? :lol::lol::lol:

• Google maps say 24 min, so 20 is plenty
    left the forum March 2023
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Google maps say 24 min, so 20 is plenty

yeah 15-20 mins in the afternoon and 20-25 in rush hour, I've done Paddington to Waterloo bridge sarf side (5+ mins less) and Paddington to London bridge ish plenty of times including twice last month.

that's assuming you dont use a Bojo bike, those things over 4 miles hurt like hell if you try and put down any pace for any distance.

If you're more west then, straight across the park, down to buck house across horse guards to big ben then embankment and boom! you're practically there.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • secretsam
    Thanks ITB, Ugo et al

It's Marylebone the station to just by Guy's, the hospital, so along the Mall sounds like a good option, plus I get to wave at Brenda when she's in!