Too Snug to Breath!

Jahmoo
Jahmoo Posts: 168
edited November 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi Guys,

Shout out to any larger riders out there, looking for a winter Jersey and Pakamac Style Waterproof that has a little more room in the mid section.

I have put a wee bit of weight on and my XL waterproof is a tad snug, just purchased a dhb Thermal a Jersey in XXL and it's quite snug also.

Help appreciated.

Keep the Fat jokes to your self :oops:

Comments

• indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    Maybe give a different brand a go. Northwave XXL I found to be roomier than dhb xxl, and Endura and Altura offer good jerseys for the larger sized. A 'relaxed' fit jersey will also be less snug than a race or pro version.
  • i find that Altura xxl are a bit loose on me but xxl DHB is fine so maybe the Altura range may be best. especially if you are lucky like me and got a winter jacket for £3 last summer from ebay :-)
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • Stop eating
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stop eating

The guy wants clothing advice, not nutritional advice. :roll:

I would look at Adidas clothing, their cycling range goes up very big with plenty of room, to rugby player size. So things like their Supernova thermal jersey goes right up to 50" chest for example despite being classed as a slim fit. Their Response range is even looser and a more regular fit.

In terms of a quick throw on-throw off wet proof jacket then Decathlon do a great waterproof for £12-15 and go right up to XXL sizes that can fit a 52" chest. Worth popping along and having a look.

Endura and Altura go up bigger than a lot of ranges but ive found they are still nowhere near what Adidas and Decathlon put out.
  • Jahmoo
    Jahmoo Posts: 168
    Cheers Guys, Appreciate the feedback, maybe take a hit and go to my LBS and try some on for size.

Adidas XXL in Golf fits me well enough, so may give them a try.

I'm Diabetic so I eat feck all but still put on weight!
  • Jahmoo wrote:
    I'm Diabetic so I eat feck all but still put on weight!

I'm not sure that follows. In fact, one of the symptoms of undiagnosed diabetes is weight loss. http://www.diabetes.org.uk/symptoms You might want to talk that through with your diabetes nurse.

There's some interesting findings, BTW, between Type 2 diabetes and gastric bands - well worth checking out.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH