Wondered What a Dutch Commute is Like?

2»

Comments

• Rolf F wrote:
    mudcovered wrote:
    It is blatantly obivious from the body language and behaviour of the riders when they expect to take priority over you. Mike

What? Flying over your bonnet with a surprised expression on their face?! :lol:
    Thankfully no. :D
    Its just you can see in the way that they approach the conflict point that they have absolutely no intention of stopping.
  • You have to add into the mix that cyclists are protected far more in traffic law, I believe, and there's also far more of a culture of individuals suing each other (I was strong advised to take out liability insurance as soon as I arrived). Certainly, when I was left-hooked, I was initially very impressed by how concerned the driver was but my Dutch colleagues were far more cynical, believing that he was just worried I'd sue him...
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,821
    Cynical Dutch?

No waaaay.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Yep no problems driving although Amsterdam was surprisingly easy compared to Maastricht, what a mare! Totally building site and gridlock plus finding any where to park was a bitch. As was the car park ticket machine.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.