All round tubeless tires?

Lukeaerowallace
Lukeaerowallace Posts: 23
edited November 2014 in Cyclocross
Hi All,

I'm sure there have propbably been a few post on this question already but hayho I'm going to ask it anyway.

So whats the best All round (intermediate tire) tyre for tubeless use?

Ideally looking for a durable, fit and leave it kind of tyre that will get on with most Uk (autumn/winter)conditions.

Look forward to any suggestions :)
Focus Mares Ax 2.0 2015
Cervelo S3 2014
Giant Defy 1 2012

Comments

• I just got myself a pair of Vittoria XG TNT... they seem to be pretty good for the money (26 quid each), tubeless, take low pressure (25 PSI) and handle soft ground well, take higher pressure (35 PSI) and handle 25 mph on the tarmac... can't fault them as all-round, really
    left the forum March 2023
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,446
    The Michelin Mud 2s are a good all round tyre that work well tubeless.

I've been racing on mine this season, running them as low as 20 psi without burping (on Stan Iron Cross rims).
  • A second vote for the muds.
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    Do these tubeless tyres work with a tubeless conversion such a stans notubes kit or do they need a dedicated tubeless rim? I need a decent all round tyre and tubeless looks the way to go to avoid the dreaded pinch puncture.... I'm on a cheapo wheelset that came with the bike for now (Alex Race-28 (32hole) rims/Novatech hubs D521GCC-frt, D522GCC-rear)
  • ravey1981 wrote:
    Do these tubeless tyres work with a tubeless conversion such a stans notubes kit or do they need a dedicated tubeless rim? I need a decent all round tyre and tubeless looks the way to go to avoid the dreaded pinch puncture.... I'm on a cheapo wheelset that came with the bike for now (Alex Race-28 (32hole) rims/Novatech hubs D521GCC-frt, D522GCC-rear)

A dedicated rim allows you lower pressure without loss of air (burping)... with a non tubeless rim it's a bit of trial and error
    left the forum March 2023