Headset bearings MH-PO3M

teamcrane
teamcrane Posts: 64
edited November 2014 in Workshop
I have a 2009 Felt Z35 with a VP-A61ACK headset. Although the largest logo on the headset says Cane Creek it is definitely not a Cane Creek model. The bearings however are clearly marked MH-PO3M. I cannot find on-line any where to buy these bearing or any information on the internal/external angles of this bearing. Are they 36/45 degrees or 45/45 degrees? The VP website is no help.
Have emailed VP, the manufacturer, but no reply to date! Help please.
Thanks.

Comments

• lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    Try Simply Bearings web site. Search with MHP03 (zero three). I have used these. I do not know the relevance of the last "M". Mine were also marked (0 41*6.5*45*).
  • keezx
    keezx Posts: 1,322
    You need 41x6.5x36x45 bearings, any with these specifications will work. (Cane Creek standard)
  • Thanks to you both for replying. Unfortunately you contradict one another as the MH-PO3 is angled at 45/45 degrees.
    It is verification in a tech spec that I really need if not to damage my headset.
  • keezx
    Measure the external diameter of the bearings.
    41 mm is CaneCreek standard 45x36, appr. 42 mm is Campagnolo standard 45x45

(I assume its full integrated, semi integrated is a different story)
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    Ignore my post. I was too quick to give you advise. Having looked a bit deeper into this, I think I could have the wrong bearings in but they seem to work ok! :oops:
  • Sorry Keezx, not as simple as that! If you look at airebearings website the HM-PO3 is 30.15mm ID, 41mm OD and 6.5mm thick with 45/45 degree angles and the HM-PO3K has identical ID,OD and thickness but 36/45 degree angles! So a dead end there I think for me
    However after much trawling through on the internet found http://www.vpcomponents.com/tw/book/index.php?id=5
    which solved the problem. So an HM-PO3 appears to be the answer.
  • keezx
    Apparently some manufacturers have made their own versions of the "standards".
    They should be punished heavily for that......
  • Agreed, but knowledge is power.
    Amen.