London Ride with TORM (Hushovd) date to be confirmed

ugo.santalucia
ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
No, it's not the former World Champion, but one of the two guys behind the cycling apparel brand Torm.
The idea is to meet up at Clapham Junction station armed with a bicycle that can take a bit of light off road, the uglier the better and head towards Richmond Park Tamsin trail/Thames Path/Hampton Court/Esher Common and back. There will also be a lunch break were mr Torm will show some ideas on how to improve their cycling jerseys and we can give him feedback based on what we would like.
We are aiming for a friday, either the 14th or 21st of November, late morning start and back in the early afternoon, to avoid rush hour restrictions for bicycles on train.
Nothing strenuous, no Strava KoM chasing or chain gangs, just a relaxed pace ride... there will be a bit of mud, so don't be a cry baby and leave the immaculate electronic bike at home, take the other one.
left the forum March 2023

Comments

• Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    No, it's not the former World Champion, but one of the two guys behind the cycling apparel brand Torm.
    The idea is to meet up at Clapham Junction station armed with a bicycle that can take a bit of light off road, the uglier the better and head towards Richmond Park Tamsin trail/Thames Path/Hampton Court/Esher Common and back. There will also be a lunch break were mr Torm will show some ideas on how to improve their cycling jerseys and we can give him feedback based on what we would like.
    We are aiming for a friday, either the 14th or 21st of November, late morning start and back in the early afternoon, to avoid rush hour restrictions for bicycles on train.
    Nothing strenuous, no Strava KoM chasing or chain gangs, just a relaxed pace ride... there will be a bit of mud, so don't be a cry baby and leave the immaculate electronic bike at home, take the other one.
    Yep...be good to hear your views on what people want.
  • So shall we say 14th?

Can you make 10:30 AM with the train?
  • Torm
    Al's off work on the 14th so its not ideal as it just leaves our 2 mechanics to run our bike shop....but I can do it. Train gets in at 10.22 if it's on time and I'll have to get out by about 2:30 to meet with train cycling regulations !!
  • Torm wrote:
    Al's off work on the 14th so its not ideal as it just leaves our 2 mechanics to run our bike shop....but I can do it. Train gets in at 10.22 if it's on time and I'll have to get out by about 2:30 to meet with train cycling regulations !!

Works for me...
    Let's see if there is any other taker who can help you with the jersey designs...

ANyone?
  • Torm
    Torm wrote:

Works for me...
    Let's see if there is any other taker who can help you with the jersey designs...

ANyone?
    I know its not easy as its a weekday but I can always come up again...you'll find me around in town on days that Arsenal play at home :D
  • I suspect week day or weekend won;t make much difference... in my experience on this forum they're good at talking cycling, but in practice.... :wink:
  • Torm
    I suspect week day or weekend won;t make much difference... in my experience on this forum they're good at talking cycling, but in practice.... :wink:
    It's probably best to consider moving this to a weekend as more people will be able to come along...shall we take a look at the calendar and find a better date ?
  • Sure, I am quite easy
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Would be interested in joining- I have quite a bit of torm stuff (short sleeved and long sleeved tops (2 of each I think) and a ls base. Only problem is my lack of off-road capable bike! ;)

Will watch for dates.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • menthel wrote:
    Would be interested in joining- I have quite a bit of torm stuff (short sleeved and long sleeved tops (2 of each I think) and a ls base. Only problem is my lack of off-road capable bike! ;)

Will watch for dates.

I am open to a road ride, but starting from Clapham Junction and keeping it within 3 hours or so is a bit hard to be honest. On the contrary, I know enough woodland to make a short, mostly traffic free yet interesting ride well within the M25
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    No problem. If a set stop/chat place is set I can always meet up there. Unless I end up with a cross or mt bike...
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Torm wrote:
    Torm wrote:

Works for me...

ANyone?
    I know its not easy as its a weekday but I can always come up again...you'll find me around in town on days that Arsenal play at home :D

Oh dear, didn't know we had a gooner in our midst..........
  • Torm
    Torm wrote:
    Torm wrote:

Works for me...

ANyone?

Oh dear, didn't know we had a gooner in our midst..........

I know, I know...cant help where you're born....another mile and I'd have been Orient !