Finally made the plunge

MountainMonster
MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
edited November 2014 in Cyclocross
Hey hey! I tried dabbling in Cyclocross bikes on a budget by building a complete disaster, and since decided it is a wise decision for me to take the bikes that I have, consolidate into ones I want to use, and move forward. I have now bought a Planet X London Road in that crazy green. Link below:
http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXLDNRIV ... -road-bike

I'll be putting a rack on the back for getting into work, as this is going to be my do-it-all bike, but i'll also be changing the tyres over for some cyclo cross specific ones that I have in the garage. I just discovered a few trails near me that will be great for blasting around with this new bike, and hopefully next year, I can try some races!

Comments

• ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    I love the look of that frame, might be a bit garish for some though. This is definitely on my list of framesets to upgrade my recently bought cross bike to (which currently weighs a tonne!)

enjoy
  • Thanks, garish for some, but perfect for me. Let's just hope it does its job well.

I'll report back once it has arrived and has been for its maiden voyage through the woods in our area.
  • What are people's thoughts on this bike as an actual Cyclocross racer?

I am after a combined winter bike/CX race bike and this one does really grab my fancy.

I'm very drawn to it, but I do wonder if it's a bit heavy? The other thing is perhaps a 46/36 chainset would be more appropriate?
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    I like the look of those, looking forward to your review mate. Looks fantastic in the flesh (the green one anyways)
  • zx6man wrote:
    I like the look of those, looking forward to your review mate. Looks fantastic in the flesh (the green one anyways)

That's great to hear that they look as good in the flesh as in pictures. I haven't seen one yet.

I've heard from Planet X that they are fast tracking the build, so it should be built today. Should be here in time for the weekend!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,689
    That does look good, and green is best. Not that I'm biased.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    That does look good, and green is best. Not that I'm biased.

Nice Kenesis in Green. Oh, you're definitely not biased!

So everyone, i'll be waking up tomorrow to go for a ride in the AM, and should have some thoughts ready in the evening once I've mulled the bike over. I took it for a quick blast around the block today, and it felt pretty good!
  • Very nice. I've got a Jake the Snake in green and it looks awesome, especially when paired with tan wall tyres!
  • So guys, I just added some thoughts to my thread in Your Bikes. Link is in my signature.

Cyclocross is a blast, but God, mud killed me .