Rock Shox SID RL Dual Air Remote Compatablity Question

M Velo
M Velo Posts: 79
edited November 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

Can I know which remote is Compatible with Rock Shox SID RL Dual Air (Product code: ROX171199)?

I can see that the Rock Shox makes couple of varieties of remotes, but their website hardly gives any information on compatibility.
Custom build Trek MTB
Madone 6.9 => Madone 7series

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    last time I looked it gave all the info you need.

any work with a suitable fork.

if your fork is suitable who knows as ROX171199 does not really bring up any info.

and the latest SID RL is solo air.

so what have you got?
    and what is the dial on the damped leg?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • M Velo
    Hi,

Its probably a 2012 Dual air model as Rock Shox stopped producing Dual Air Forks after 2012.

15085594503_1f4678717e_m.jpg

15519759737_dc9196de78_m.jpg

Currently I am trying to decide between Poploc, poploc Adjust and pushloc. But there is not clear information on compatibility.
    Custom build Trek MTB
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Any of those will be fine, personal preference. Poploc Adjust basically just has a barrel adjuster.
  • M Velo
    But will that Barrel adjuster on the PopLoc Adjust really work on this fork?
    Custom build Trek MTB
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    All it's doing is pulling more/less cable through, like a really crude compression damping adjustment.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Or just use an old thumbshifter. Works great.
  • M Velo
    njee20 wrote:
    All it's doing is pulling more/less cable through, like a really crude compression damping adjustment.

Ok Got you point. Thanks for the information. :)
    supersonic wrote:
    Or just use an old thumbshifter. Works great.
    I love your creativity. Will surely keep that idea in my mind. :)
    Custom build Trek MTB
  • I don't use one at all and never felt the need.
  • Fabius
    Fabius Posts: 56
    What do you have at the moment? A crown lock?

I've got a Poploc on my SID RLT and it just takes up space on my bars - I never use it because I always forget to turn it off when I do! I did the whole of Pink Heiffer at Coed y Brenin locked out a couple of months ago after breakign my rule on the climb up.

Asked about getting rid of it when Sussed Out serviced it but it's not that easy. I guess it is one of those things that you don't know if you'll like before you try it. Personally I don't think I ever noticed a benefit in locking out.