Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 cleaning/maintanence.

Coreythorny
Coreythorny Posts: 41
edited December 2014 in Workshop
Hi guys.

I've just received my Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 8.0. I'm huge into vehicle detailing/correction and appreciate sealing paintwork to prolong the finish and aid in cleaning.
As the canyon is a matte/sating black (picture below), I appreciate it will need a specific wax or sealant. Also unsure if it will need any other special products for general cleaning?
Does anyone else have a Canyon with similar colour, if so what process do you use?

42850bc9cf2ba979fcf045efc010d1d4_zps6705c537.jpg

Many thanks!

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    I use baby wipes to clean mine. :)
  • Is that a matte paintwork?

A friend swears by baby wipes on his Pinarello Rokh but that's laquered paint so just want to check it won't harm the matte?
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Yes it's a matt finish, I also use it on my other bikes which are gloss lacquer finish. Poundland wipes do the job nicely.
  • Brilliant thank you very much. Might get some of the Red Ant matte protector too just to make things easier.
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Collinite wax polish (recommended by someone on here) and then all you will need to do is wipe the frame with a damp sponge.
  • I have got a ultimate CF SL 9 SL and I have used the red ant matt frame cleaner and protector. From experience I wouldn't buy the cleaner again but the protector is worth the money in terms of keeping it cleaner for longer and keeping the matt finish.
  • just ride it
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I have a Scott CR1-SL which has a similar finish. I've done nothing at all to mine but it comes up clean if / when I wash it with warm soapy water.

I much prefer riding it to cleaning it though...
  • I'm a little surprised someone who works in bodywork detailing would actually opt for a matte finish on a bike knowing what a PItA it is to clean :wink:

If you have a Lidl near you, get some of their motor wipes- like baby wipes but seem a little better at getting road crud off. They're about £1 for a pack of 30. Other than that, you could try just finishing your cleaning ritual off with something like Juice Frame Juice, or Pledge for that matter...

(Nice bike)
  • triban
    triban Posts: 149
    i have a matte black CF SL8. i just spray it with Muc-Off, then wipe with a sponge with warm water with a tiny tiny drop of washing liquid, rinse with clean water and dry with a microfibre cloth. comes out looking brand new.

even if i get any degreaser or gt85 on the frame, it just wipes off.
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    I've a matte/gloss Argon 18, and I use the Red Ant matt cleaner on it.