Lights

daddy0
daddy0 Posts: 686
edited November 2014 in Commuting chat
My Moon Meteor has died. Had two of them now, one was killed by a wet ride, this one has *just died*...

So I'm in the market for a new front light, one that lets me see as well as be seen. Recommendations please.

Comments

• okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Never had a complaint with my exposure joystick. Though the mount is not as good as the aftermarket one they sell
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Would have to be the Cateye Nanoshot plus for me.
    I like the volt700 too, but not quite as good as the ns+
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    Was going to sat the Philips saferide 80 from Rose for circa £26, but they have sold out :-(
    Not sure if there any good deals for it anywhere else?

Edit: Can find it for €60 on Google.de which is still a decent deal imho.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/ixon ... wwod3WIAFA

The battery version of my new light (Dynamo version is 70 lux, but I doubt you'll be disappointed). Very wide, very even beam. You'll be amazed how much road is lit up.
  • Exposure.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/ixon-core-iq2-led-headlight-106439?currency=3&delivery_country=190&gclid=CJKdnKXE28ECFQMIwwod3WIAFA

The battery version of my new light (Dynamo version is 70 lux, but I doubt you'll be disappointed). Very wide, very even beam. You'll be amazed how much road is lit up.

Love the look of that, and mounting mechanism - does it have flash and solid, or just low and high beam?

Also thinking with the apparent rotable mounting mechanism, that you could in theory mount one or two of these on the forks?
    119311_705217.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Flash settings are not allowed in Germany so not flashing.

Got 2 Philips SafeRide from the sale, I am going to keep one but don't know if I am going to sell the other one, potentially selling it for £37 inc delivery.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra