3.2 Aero 271 mm spokes J bend type

scwxx77
scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
edited November 2014 in Workshop
Looking for replacement spoke for Pro-light Como DS wheel. Google search is coming up empty at the moment. Anyone got ideas where I can get individual spokes like this?
Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:

Comments

• The size would suggest it's a front radial, correct?

Don't think you'l be able to find those Pillar 3.2 here...

Sdeals.com have a few DT new Aero 3.2 as 270 or 272, which is close enough, but they are silver, not black... and that's your best bet, I fear. They also have a minimum order for spokes
    left the forum March 2023
  • mr_evil
    mr_evil Posts: 234
    Pillar PSR 1432 are 3.2mm. They are sometimes available on eBay, but a quick search says not at the moment. You can also get them from "cheapcarbonbike.com". I have never bought anything from there, but they seem to be legit.

Alternatively, CN Spoke do various aero spokes. They can be hard to find too, but their 3.0mm Aero494 is currently available on eBay (I bought some recently).
  • scwxx77
    scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
    Yes front radial. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give them a look. Chain Reaction had the exact type I was looking for but I procrastinated and now they are listed as 'currently unavailable, don't when they will be back in stock'.
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • scwxx77 wrote:
    Yes front radial. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give them a look. Chain Reaction had the exact type I was looking for but I procrastinated and now they are listed as 'currently unavailable, don't when they will be back in stock'.

A spoke is a spoke, don't get too fussed about what spoke, you can use a round one and it will be absolutely fine. Seems silly to wait weeks or months to get your hands on the right spoke
    left the forum March 2023
  • Try 'Just Riding Along' for spokes in various types and any length. they will cut them to the size you need.
    Recipe: shave legs sparingly, rub in embrocation and drizzle with freshly squeezed baby oil.