Scott Foil HMX Di2

itsnotarace
itsnotarace Posts: 518
edited October 2014 in Your road bikes
DSC01754.jpg

Picked this up from Westbrooks sale a couple of months back as a daily ride, and put my CAAD9 out to pasture

Scott Foil HMX Team Issue 52cm
Ultegra 6870 Di2
DA9000 C24 wheels
Conti 4 seasons 25mm tyres for autumn/winter/spring or Veloflex Master 23 for summer
Planet X ti skewers
Selle Italia Kit Carbonino saddle
Zipp Service Course CSL bars 42cm (super short reach)
Zipp Service Course SL stem 100mm
Fizik Microtex tape
Carbon Ti expander & top cap
KMC X11 SL chain
Look Keo Blade 16NM pedals
Swissstop black pads
Arundel cages

6.95Kg as pictured above with Garmin mount & wireless speed and cadence sensors, which I think is awesome considering there are no mega-WW parts fitted. Just a solid, reliable build.

These photos were taken a couple of months ago with my old Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels, which were too stiff for this frame hence changing to C24's. The ride is loads better now, much more forgiving over long distances. The frame seems a lot stiffer than my CR1 SL, especially around the BB area. The bare frame was 896g including rear dérailleur hanger and rear brake cable guide so only around 10g heavier than my 49cm CR1 SL with rear der hanger. The CR1 fork is around 30 grams lighter however, both cut to length. Di2 is fantastic though and I'm considering getting my CR1 drilled to accept internal wiring

DSC00920.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

Have also swapped over my Zipp 303s to Campag freehub and will be running 11speed Chorus cassette next spring so should end up around 6.5 ish

Comments

• Nice. Welcome to the Foil club :-)

Glad to hear you're putting 303's on it - I was about to say that Foil's look their best with deep rims. I've got 303 FC tubs on mine and Campagnolo Record with an SR cassette and a daft light San Marco Aspide saddle which has taken it below 6kg.
  • Cheers matey, yeah am looking forward to next spring for sure :)
  • Looks good, enjoy it and share some photos with the 303's. I love my foil, got a couple of changes on the go at the moment, will post some pics once complete :)
  • vespario
    vespario Posts: 228
    Very nice. Nearly went for one if these frames but got a canyon aero cf in the end.
    Bike looks great!
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Lovely. Looks just like the one I've currently got sitting in my living room. :)
  • Here's my Foil with some deeper sections.. Welcome aboard the Foil club

20140927-924A3728_zps856409a9.jpg