Garmin Edge 510 Question

postie90
postie90 Posts: 53
edited November 2014 in Road general
Ive recently bought a garmin edge... got it set up how i like it... just a quick question, do i need to have the auto pause switch on? I've noticed when stopped at traffic lights the average mph goes down..... thanks in advance for any reply, wondered what you guys have it on... :D

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've got Auto Pause set at 0.5mph and there is another setting for averages counting zero which you might need to change too.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    If you want the average speed number to be your average moving speed then yes you do need autopause on and set t a suitable threshold. I have it on and set to pause only when stopped with my edge 800.
  • olake92
    olake92 Posts: 182
    I have auto pause switched off and just pause manually as I don't like it when I may be crawling along in some traffic but the Garmin is still on. I've now got into a habit of manually pausing/unpausing so it's primarily a case what you like and what you're used to; I don't think there is a right or wrong way of doing it :P
    I'm on Twitter! Follow @olake92 for updates on my racing, my team's performance and some generic tweets.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    I don't have it set as, garmin connect shows avg speed and avg moving speed.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799