Courier for bikes

src1
src1 Posts: 301
edited October 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi,
I've just sold a couple of bikes on eBay so I'm now looking for a courier to send them. Any suggestions for a good courier who will collect from home and will take a complete bike boxed up?
Thanks.

Comments

• Go on Parceltogo and see what's the deal. Stay clear of MyHermes which is shite
    left the forum March 2023
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I recently used Parcelmonkey and Citilink came up cheapest.
  • src1
    Thanks. The bike box is: Length: 1473mm, Width: 228mm, Height: 965mm. Parcel2go say it's too big :(
  • src1
    ibbo68 wrote:

Doh, City Link are saying it's too big as well: "Sorry but your parcel appears to be too big or too heavy.
    Our limits are 30Kg, 2 metres (width, length and height) and 0.113 cubic meters."
  • SRC1 wrote:
    ibbo68 wrote:

Doh, City Link are saying it's too big as well: "Sorry but your parcel appears to be too big or too heavy.
    Our limits are 30Kg, 2 metres (width, length and height) and 0.113 cubic meters."

Tweak the numbers... they won't check with a measuring tape... as long as you're not taking the piss, like paying for a small packet and sending a pallet and you'll be fine
    left the forum March 2023
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    SRC1 wrote:
    Thanks. The bike box is: Length: 1473mm, Width: 228mm, Height: 965mm. Parcel2go say it's too big :(
    My box was a bit bigger than that and citilink VIA Parcelmonkey were OK.
    Use this link:-
    https://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk/bikes
  • src1
    If I say the box is 120cm * 75cm * 30cm City Link will collect and deliver it in the UK for £14. Not bad, just need to re-size the box a bit!

Thanks all.
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    I've used P4D and generally Parcelforce48.
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    Parcel2go are awful. If something goes wrong, there is almost no help to be had. They hide behind a difficult to find customer enquiry form, and are slow to reply. They didn't even know where my last parcel was. It turned out UPS sent it back to the sender, for not being able to deliver to the correct address (written on the parcel). It now looks like Yodel are producing the same level of amateurism. They decided to stop tracking my parcel for several days, leaving me with no idea what's going on, and I think it's actually being returned to sender.

I'm giving up on couriers. They're all bullshit.
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...