Canyon Ultimate - Mudguards

supermurph09
supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
edited October 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi

Having got rid of my winter bike (don't ask) I only have my Canyon Ultimate SL 9.0 so in order to keep a bit dryer and not annoy my club mates I need to get some mudguards. SKS Raceblade longs seem to have a good reputation but my real question is knowing which mudguards will fit. I have 25mm tyres on, have any Canyon owners added mudguards or can anyone else help?

Many thanks

Comments

• I've seen a few Canyon Ultimate Al's with Crud Roadracers. Not sure if the tyres were 23's or 25's though.
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Roadracers fit fine, my wife's got them on her XS Ultimate with 25mm tyres.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • mlgt
    mlgt Posts: 366
    I have the mudguard longs on my Endurace. Needs a bit of tinkering and my only complaint is that when you need to trackstand the toe overlap might catch the front guard.

Which is kinda what happened to me, so I have removed it for now until the heavier winter rain approaches.
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • mlgt wrote:
    I have the mudguard longs on my Endurace. Needs a bit of tinkering and my only complaint is that when you need to trackstand the toe overlap might catch the front guard.

Which is kinda what happened to me, so I have removed it for now until the heavier winter rain approaches.

toe overlap is the enemy of mudguards