Research Project - Survey

lufbra123
lufbra123 Posts: 2
edited October 2014 in MTB general
Hello mountain bikers,

I am part of a group of design students at Loughborough university. We are looking to design a food storage and heating device for mountain bikers which will enhance their experience.

Please could you fill out this short survey we have produce to find out a little more about the uk mountain biking population. The survey will take less than 5 minutes and it will help us greatly.

Please follow the link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/P6NKMYM

Thank you

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Hot food would be nice on winter rides BUT stopping for more than a few minutes in light weight cycling gear gets very cold, very quickly.
    Most people will have something cold with lots of energy and hot food either when they get home or at a pub/takeaway/cafe on the way.
    I think you're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Sorry, rather a classic case of creating a problem that doesn't exist so that you can then find a fix, usually when these get to Dragons den there a few dragons left after a very short time.

High energy food and a Thermos if you want a hot drink/soup, dressed properly though you don't need a hot meal, you'll be plenty hot enough, sorted.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Do you want to eat before, during or after a ride...? Err all 3. You've missed the word 'meal' out of the last question too
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Brings a whole new meaning to the word tabletop.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Did get vague at the end, and made some stark assumptions.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Sunday night - better get my homework done for tomorrow type survey.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools