edited October 2014 in MTB general
Looks like wiggle have been ripping off designs
http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/wiggle ... ism/017031

Comments

• Why would you shop there anyway....
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    DHB kit is pretty good value & quality. No other reason.
  • I can understand that.

I wouldn't out of principle. These are the sorts of companies destroying the retail market unfortunately.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I posted this in CC (now deleted - no need for two) because she is yummy.

So choose - hot designer (yay) or nasty corporate vampire (boo)

10710937_1487742194832672_1164741334254237039_n.jpg?oh=de45db5d5cdcaf01f10dfad04834936f&oe=54E4EB3D&__gda__=1424054637_3636bea81689dc8869c365f4274f10a2
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    what about the other tops that have stars on them. I don't see the similarity past the fact they have stars on them. they are in a different shape, different sizes and rest of the top is different.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I saw something similar on STW. I don't think they are that similar at all; even if they were I'm not sure the design is so distinctive anyway. People with stars tattooed on themselves could be in trouble.
  • rockmonkeysc
    I think she's going a bit far claiming they copied her design. It may have give them the idea to use stars but she could certainly not make any sort of legal clain.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Wow, top with stars on looks like another top with stars on......less corporate bad boy, more someone seeking publicity I would suggest.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    Whatever, she's still hot. And Wiggle have responded.

Anna Glowinski made us aware by email at 23:12 on Friday that she believes Wiggle has plagiarised a design from her range of women's cycling clothing she showed us in 2013.
    The Wiggle colleague Anna e-mailed was on annual leave, though we did pick it up and respond to her at 17:32 on Saturday.
    We confirmed that we are taking her claim very seriously and will be investigating fully on Monday. In the meantime Anna had shared her claim and frustration on Social Media. We at Wiggle would like to make it clear that we work to the highest ethical standards. If a designer has indeed used Anna's designs and passed them off as their own then we will be taking full disciplinary action and ensuring that Anna benefits from the design royalties. We too would be upset, if indeed this is what has happened. We will provide an update at 17:00 on Monday. The Wiggle Team.

So this is for you Rookie.

10564994_1462471214026437_8619417581726150731_n.jpg?oh=e6bb48d89b209ebe84729505921ce33f&oe=54EBFDCE
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    Yep, her self publicity photo from a twitter account I believe......

They've said nothing in that post at all if you read what it says not what you think it says.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    edited October 2014
    Yep I know, just wanted to give you the finger.

From FB actually, and she is a seriously good rider.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    ps Like smileys, I don't do Twitter.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    That photo is also on twitter....I don't either, but found via a search....did suspect it was a thinly veiled excuse for flippin' me the bird....
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Do DHB do trousers with stars on?
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    I've never understood why people actually use Wiggle. It just seems to be a place holder for out of stock items that are cheaper elsewhere anyway.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • rockmonkeysc
    DHB (Wiggles own brand) Kit is actually pretty good quality and good value. Other than that, no reason to buy from them at all.
  • CitizenLee wrote:
    I've never understood why people actually use Wiggle. It just seems to be a place holder for out of stock items that are cheaper elsewhere anyway.

They do price match, they use DPD predict, they send Haribo.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • rich_e
    rich_e Posts: 389
    I like Wiggle and I like Anna Glowinski, I don't really feel like its a clear cut case of siding with either of them.

Wiggle has in the past year really started to bring some colour and 'style' into their DHB brand, which I think is a good thing personally for road usage and certainly a bit less boring.

Anna has been using stars as a staple of her designs for quite a long time. However, I don't feel that you can necessarily say that the DHB designs are copying it. The entire fashion industry revolves around retailers copying designers work, but they operate within the boundaries of changing things just enough to get away with it.

I can totally understand why Anna may be feeling aggrieved if she had a pitch, showed them her designs and then she feels they copied them when they didn't collaborate.

Ultimately, Wiggle appears to want to resolve this amicably from their initial statement. I reckon the outcome of this will be that Anna has just got a load of free publicity for her brand, while Wiggle might now revise their decision to collaborate with her, perhaps even deciding to stock her brand or something.
  • I recently purchased a DHB item. I didn't rate it and it came nowhere near their claims for the item.

I know that my opinion is subjective, others speak highly of it.

The item is not the salient issue.

The salient issue is that Wiggle rejected my review, in my view since it was negative, I've re-read their guidelines and cannot see how my review was rejected. I've raise a compliant but so far no response.

Whether I rate the product is neither here nor there (It's just my opinion). What is important is that the reviews are not sanitized as to be worthless. (I know they post some negative reviews ....... but how heavily is it slanted?)

On Amazon your read positive and negative reviews and take a balanced view.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Balanced? The Internet? You Crazy?!?

;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    First post and a rant against Wiggle. No agenda then!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • First post and a rant against Wiggle. No agenda then!

I must apologise ....... how many posts do you need to make before you are allowed an opinion?
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    20. But it does help not to rant on the first. It looks like you've searched the internet for wiggle and then found this article (which is not really about wiggle) and then interjected your own beef to the table.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    You're allowed an opinion. It's just very, very unlikely be taken very seriously if the first time anyone hears from you it's to air it in quite such a manner.

So tell us a little more about why the first thing you ever bought from one of the largest online retailers in our sport was such a massive disappointment that you felt the need to register on an internet forum, seek out a thread about that retailer and spout forth. ;)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • cooldad
    To be fair, he registered in May, just didn't post.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    BREAKING NEWS!

The American flag is suing Anna Glowinski for plagiarising its stars.

True story.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607