New Planet X RT-58 frame - bits missing? (Resolved)

2»

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Weight difference between Canyon and RT58 will be wheels and finishing kit, there is about 300gms difference in the wheels alone then stem, saddle, post and bars soon bring the weight down.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Sorry I'm a day late but I called in at Planet-X Barnsley and can now confirm that your frame is as it should be.I checked 2 RT-58s and they're exactly the same as yours.The salesman I spoke to couldn't explain why there's two different holes on the down-tube and said he'd never actually noticed!
    He also couldn't explain why no one's answered your emails but they all go to the Rotherham store(allegedly) :roll:

I've just ordered a Canyon Ultimate CF SL frame.....I get it next March :roll:
  • adlopa
    adlopa Posts: 37
    Bit late to this, but here are the holes on my RT-58, which looks like it's the same as yours. Think you have at least a couple of bits missing — a ferrule for where each cable enters the frame and a separate part that plugs into the hole and presumably locks the ferrule/cable in place.

My cable arrangements are:
    • Left (rear) brake — in @ right top-tube hole / out @ left top-tube hole
    • Right (front) brake — n/a
    • Left shifter (front mech) — in @ left down-tube hole / out behind BB
    • Right shifter (rear mech) — in @ right down-tube hole / out @ chainstay hole
    Some pics:
    IMG_1816.jpg
    IMG_1814.jpg
    IMG_1815.jpg
    IMG_1817.jpg

Hope that helps.
  • CptKernow
    CptKernow Posts: 467
    Thanks for all the help. Never heard back from PX but am happy that its as it should be. @Adlopa - looks just like yours - I have the ferrules from the cable set. Still a bit of a mystery why both sides are different though..

Anyway, seems to work - just took it for a test spin and got a KOM on a Strava segment with a Cat 3 climb that I've been chipping away at for over a year :D
    ibbo68 wrote:
    I've just ordered a Canyon Ultimate CF SL frame.....I get it next March :roll:

Thanks ibbo68, really appreciate your help. I was going to order that frame - then I saw the wait list. Had to email them to check I hadn't misread it. Might still order one. The geometry isn't a million miles from the RT-58...
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    CptKernow wrote:
    Thanks ibbo68, really appreciate your help. I was going to order that frame - then I saw the wait list. Had to email them to check I hadn't misread it. Might still order one. The geometry isn't a million miles from the RT-58...
    That's why I've ordered one :mrgreen: I can wait a few months and it'll be built in time for Spring.The RT is a great bike and I'll keep it as a winter bike but when I had a ride on my mates Ultimate it just feels nippier and stiffer and I like the graphics :mrgreen:
  • ibbo68 wrote:
    That's why I've ordered one :mrgreen: I can wait a few months and it'll be built in time for Spring.The RT is a great bike and I'll keep it as a winter bike but when I had a ride on my mates Ultimate it just feels nippier and stiffer and I like the graphics :mrgreen:

Just ordered myself a Canyon Ultimate CF SL. Figured as I'm enjoying the RT-58 I'd probably like the Canyon even more. Like I said, the geometry is practically the same and the Canyon has some amazing reviews.

Can't believe the wait though. End of March for just the frame FFS :roll:

Back to the subject of Planet X. They never did reply to any of my emails, still the frame was less than half price and almost mint so I'm happy.