Why blame wiggle or hate on them?

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited October 2014 in Road general
I'm fairly new to cycling and have seen the blame wiggle or people not liking them could some explain to me why?

Sorry if I have missed the point
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• rnath
    rnath Posts: 176
    Well... have to say I've had nothing but excellent service from them over the years. I guess it's the way of the web that the negatives will always seem louder than the positives. I dunno... they're a shop - if you don't like what they do or how they do it (for whatever reason) you can shop elsewhere :roll:
  • It's a long story. There was a thread by Speedking where he had a go at Wiggle. I think, most, if not all, sided with Wiggle in relation to the thing complained of. If I could find it on the search I would.

That begat the phrase "I blame Wiggle." So now whether it's Wiggle involved, or not, their fault, or not, you should always blame Wiggle.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    It's a long story. There was a thread by Speedking where he had a go at Wiggle. I think, most, if not all, sided with Wiggle in relation to the thing complained of. If I could find it on the search I would.

That begat the phrase "I blame Wiggle." So now whether it's Wiggle involved, or not, their fault, or not, you should always blame Wiggle.

I made this meme ages ago, specifically for use on all retailer-based moans where people register on the forum, just for the sole reason to prove how in the wrong they are and to invite redicule from all and sundry.

53731589.jpg

P.S. I've always had great service from Wiggle and I've bought A LOT of stuff from them over the years.
  • Buckie2k5
    Buckie2k5 Posts: 600
    The whole i blame wiggle thing really damaged there rep, thats why they give us haribo now. All is forgotten. :D
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    Ah haha I see ... Reason I asked on here is that I asked if anyone at my lbs club (mud sweat n gears weymouth) was doing the wiggle &uk cycling events bitter beast at bovington on the 16th November but one of the staff said oh I'm not and nore is so n so ..I asked why not and the reply was its a wiggle event isn't it? Yeah oh he hates wiggle that's why he isn't doing it ....thought it was a bit strange as a cycling shop owner not to do a big event close to town
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    sigorman85 wrote:
    Ah haha I see ... Reason I asked on here is that I asked if anyone at my lbs club (mud sweat n gears weymouth) was doing the wiggle &uk cycling events bitter beast at bovington on the 16th November but one of the staff said oh I'm not and nore is so n so ..I asked why not and the reply was its a wiggle event isn't it? Yeah oh he hates wiggle that's why he isn't doing it ....thought it was a bit strange as a cycling shop owner not to do a big event close to town

Your LBS owner has a good reason not to like wiggle!
    tick - tick - tick
  • slightly off message but what is the origin of "that chain looks a bit slack"
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    A Triathlon shop not too far from here shut down a few weeks ago claiming that they can't compete with the stack 'em high web retailers, that is why your LBS doesn't like them. Mind you I got 2 Castelli Gabba at 70% off in their closing down sale.
  • It's the whole story of the big retailers making mistakes (as every shop does), and people shaming them. It seems worse though, because of huge number of orders they process, inevitably with some unhappy customers in there. You just hear from the unhappy customers more.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    A triathlon shop?? *Shudders*
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    DavidJB wrote:
    A triathlon shop?? *Shudders*
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Honestly can't fault Wiggle. Never had a problem, excellent service and they give you harribo!