650b Hardtail frame

trail muncher
trail muncher Posts: 73
edited October 2014 in MTB buying advice
After wanting a new frame to replace my Remedy, after riding my old hardtail, i have decided that i want to get a new 650b hard tail frame to run through the winter using the part of my remedy.

I have had a look online and have come across a few frame so is after a bit of advice of anybody who has ridden on or other frames that might be worth looking at.

I am running 140mm travel and 142mm rear drop outs but could get a new set of wheels if needed.

The frames i have looked at

Bird zero
Santa cruz chameleon
Stanton Slackline
Pipedream Muchuu ?

Currently swaying to the Bird for price and has 142mm rear dropouts

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Slackline is a fantastic ride. Can your hub convert to 135 QR?
  • My wheels are bontrager duster and i believe they are not convertible

really like the look of the slackline thou.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    edited October 2014
    Slack line isn't 650 b though is it? You would be looking at the switchback. I was about a gnats c0ck away from ordering a switchback in the naked finish, but settled on a bird zero this morning. There is no doubt the switchback is a stunning bike, but the bird swung it for me on review and value for money.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Many, if not most, 26" frames can take 650B wheels and tyres )especially if running 1x with no front mech.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Bird is a decent frame and I used it for a lot of my swapped out Remedy parts for my Winter hack. It reminds me of what a Hardtail version of my old Remedy 8 would feel like.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • In your situation I'd be looking at a Bird, though my experience of the customer service wasn't 100% positive.
    This is why!
  • Transition Trans Am 27.5 fits your fork and dropout requirements perfectly.
    Transition Trans AM 27.5
    Niner ROS9