Colnago Mexico

Tomca
Tomca Posts: 10
edited October 2014 in Your road bikes
1982 Colnago Mexico, equipped with Campagnolo (and Brooks).
[url][/url]_MG_9783_zps8efd9d9c.jpg
[url][/url]_MG_9976_zps3228b835.jpg
[url][/url]_MG_0100_zps87b3d341.jpg_MG_0083_zps0ab253bb.jpg
[url][/url]_MG_0088_zps5698d895.jpg
[url][/url]IMG_0735_zps5d4d076b.jpg

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    Odd looking thing. Why the cut off upturned handlebars? Wheels don't suit the bike.

Guess we're all different.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    I don't think I've ever seen deltas and a brooks saddle on the same bike before
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I like that, it's well different. Loving the arty photos as well.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Love it.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Bars look wrong. Those type of bars only look right with an aggressive position IMO.
    Good photos though :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Tomca
    Odd looking thing. Why the cut off upturned handlebars? Wheels don't suit the bike.

Guess we're all different.
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Bars look wrong. Those type of bars only look right with an aggressive position IMO.
    Good photos though :)

Thanks for the comments! However the bars are neither cut off nor upturned, that's how they are: Cinelli Tempo TT bars. I might agree they don't belong on this bike though - it was my first attempt building a road bike, and coming from a single speed background I could not relate to drop bars, so I chose this bullhorn. As for the wheels, I was thinking Shamals suit every bike...
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    the 1st and 3rd pictures are jaw dropping.
    Lose the handlebars and wheels

Matt
  • I don't think people understand what you are trying to do...

Congrats for finding a pair of first generation Shamal... the 12 spoker! If I got you correctly, you are trying to put together a period TT bike... I would have started with a proper Lo Pro frame, but I like your effort so far!
    left the forum March 2023
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Love the bike, bars maybe a little quirky, but that what makes us all individuals, not my cuppa but can understand where you are coming from.

Enjoy
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    I know its all wrong, but I like it. Some great photos too.
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    For what it's worth, I like it a lot....but I'd change the saddle, it does nothing at all for the look of the bike !
  • Sodafarl
    Sodafarl Posts: 118
    Brilliant photos especially the wheels.
  • Tomca
    Thanks again for your comments - I took enjoyment in taking those "arty" photos of bikeparts: they are just stunning pieces of industrial design. As for the complete picture - I kind of like the bike as is now, but I can understand (and I do appreciate) your opinion. I think of it as a TT bike and use it as such, but I agree that drop-bars would be more appropriate on a frame like this. I like the Shamals and the saddle a lot, so I don't think I will touch those but I might replace the bullhorns to see how it works with drop bars. I'll post some pictures if that happens.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Original Shamals are pretty much the best looking wheels ever invented.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach