Froome :- I don't think I will Play

13»

Comments

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Millar's at his best when he's talking about styles of racing and training and generally the skills riders have/don't have/need/don't need.

S'a good blog that one.

He wrote a column a few years ago in Rouleur about climbing, and discussed the specific needs for the Ardenne races, climbing the high mountains as a domesitque, GC leader, and for the mountains classification. Was also good.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    the Inner Ring ‏@inrng · 2h2 hours ago
    Chris Froome/Team Sky now looking at Tour-Vuelta double for 2015 says L'Equipe. Spanish race likely to have medium length TT in third week
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Chris Froome/Team Sky now looking at Tour-Vuelta double for 2015 says L'Equipe. Spanish race likely to have medium length TT in third week
    Always seems a more sensible double to me than Giro-Tour. Focus everything on the first race and then do the second if you're up to it. If you do the lesser race first then there's always the likelihood of compromise towards it.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    RichN95 wrote:
    Always seems a more sensible double to me than Giro-Tour. Focus everything on the first race and then do the second if you're up to it. If you do the lesser race first then there's always the likelihood of compromise towards it.

Nail. Hit. Head.

edit: assuming the Tour is one of the two, natch.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,642
    Froome now definitely riding the tour.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/30288604
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    So that's Froome, Bertie, Nibs, Nairo, Pinot, Aru, Piti, Purito, Wilco, Kwia all confirmed. Wow.

All we need now is Lady Garden and Fat Boy.

Cav, Bouhanni, Kittel too. Wow again.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Joelsim wrote:
    So that's Froome, Bertie, Nibs, Nairo, Pinot, Aru, Piti, Purito, Wilco, Kwia all confirmed. Wow.

All we need now is Lady Garden and Fat Boy.

Cav, Bouhanni, Kittel too. Wow again.

Aside from where my true allegiance lies, I am REALLY looking forward to Kwia and Cav at next years tour. I reckon they're going to be a solid force.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.