Building my first CX with disc, parts list inc some weights

mattrixdesign2
mattrixdesign2 Posts: 644
edited October 2014 in Cyclocross
The closest I have to a cross bike is a Spesh Tricross Sport I bought last October, it was used but in excellent condition (with new 105 and cantis). Its done me proud, handled the commute, wet rides, winter rides, a CX race, and mixing up roads, cobbles, mud, sand during some long rides. I had two minor issues with it, one is the size, it was a 54cm just like my Allez, but it just felt too "tall" on anything tricky - I was perhaps treating it too much as a XC MTB at times :D , the other issue was the cantis, they worked, but never inspired me with too much confidence, and on wet rides they got really messy, on muddy rides they got clogged up.

So I wanted a smaller bike, with discs and better mud clearance. Was waiting for a bit of cash and the right timing, but the following frame popped cheap...

Cube - Cross Race Disc Frame black 'n blue
http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/cube ... lue-234030

...I bought it and the rest is history. All still WIP but this is what I have so far:

New Parts:
FRAME: Cube - Cross Race Disc Frame black 'n blue, size 53, 1663g - £100
FORK: Planet X Pro Carbon XLS Cyclo Cross Fork - 751g - £50
HEADSET: Token TK070 Heggset - Not weighed - £35
WHEELS: Switch ULTRA Black Dragon Wheelset CLEARANCE - 1793g - £130 (impressed for £/g)
BOTTOM BRACKET: 105 - Not weighed - £8
BRAKES: Shimano Sora R317 Mechanical Disc Brake Caliper - Not weighed - £38 (not sure on these, but cheap!)
+ Shimano Disc Calliper Adpater - £6
+ Disc Rotor Vibe Design 160 - 113g - £16
+ Disc Rotor Bolts x12 Black - Not weighed - £5
Tapes, Cables etc
Deda Bar Tape Yellow - £4.45
Transfil Brake Outer - £1.98
Transfil Gear Outer - £3.15
Transfil Gear inner - £2.00

Donor Parts (From TriCross)
105 Shifters - Black
105 Chainset (Triple) - Grey
105 Front Mech - Black
105 Rear Mech - Black
105 Chain
105 Casette
Easton Carbon Seat Post
Charge Scoop Saddle

...bottom bracket is in, wheels on, issues with the fork/headset/frame combo hopefully getting resolved tonight. I am hoping for something ridable by next week, fingers crossed.

Will post pics when done.

Comments

• And done (excl seat that is going to be yellow!)

IMG_20141025_161545_614_zps5549515e.jpg

IMG_20141025_161710_717_zps29274b4d.jpg

had a quick spin and its put a big smile on my face, and mud everywhere else. Weighing in at 22lbs, the same as the Tricross (canti) it has replaced and used gearing from. It should loose 1 or 2lbs when the triple gets transformed into a N/W single.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Looks good, I'm hoping you have an excuse for the yellow & blue combination though! (club colours?)

Where did you buy the forks from?
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Nice, you need to take those pedals apart and paint them the same yellow now to tie it in. The triangle colour theory thing and all
  • Bar tape done, awaiting yellow seat and bottle cage!