Lezyne Zecto charging...

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat Posts: 309
edited October 2014 in Commuting general
...anyone own the above mentioned light?

Is the light supposed to give an indication that it is charging as mine doesn't? No flashing charge light or other indication.

Cheers.
“Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson

Comments

• stannie
    stannie Posts: 167
    Yes. There is a light around the glass. it should flash green whilst charging and the light turns solid green when fully charged.
    ....................................................................................................
    Waterford RS-14
    Trek Domane SL6
    Ridley Noah SL

A woman can never have too many bikes!
  • I've got one and it's fussy about which USB lead I use.
  • Bugger...looks like I have a duff one, I have to push and hold onto the lead to get a connection. The lead is OK, it seems the connecter is set too far back in the light to make a decent connection.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
  • It is the light but I found some leads worked ok with it, it's a good light let down by this design problem.
  • condorman
    condorman Posts: 811
    I had one delivered yesterday. I thought, oh goody, I can use my phone charger as it's the same size usb connector. Oh no, it's a bit fussy and wasn't charging. I used a Blackberry charger that it seems happy with so all charged up and ready to go. Lezyne lights seem to like Blackberry chargers which is good as mine live in the garage and I charge the lights without removing them from the bike.
    Condor Pista
    50x16
  • phills
    phills Posts: 68
    I lost my cable (or my 1.5 year old has stashed it somewhere!) so trimed about 1mm of plastic back from the connector on my Samsung charger cable and it works ok. The connector on the light is set slightly back. Bit annoying.