Spartan or Nomad? Help!

MartinML
MartinML Posts: 2
edited October 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi!

I want to buy a new bike. I currently have a 2014 Devinci Wilson and a 2011 Jekyll Carbon. I want to sell both my bikes and buy a "do it all" kind of bike. I want an enduro bike that feels capable in DH. I have narrowed it down to SC Nomad with X01 kit, or a Devinci Spartan RR.

Do you guyss have any thoughts or recomendations?

Thanks

Martin

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Why would you sell the Wilson? I have never ridden a better bike!
    The old Nomad was awesome so the new one should be better and Santa Cruz bikes seem to last forever. You will miss that Wilson though :-)
  • Santa Cruz bikes seem to last forever.

Sure do, the old Nomad MK1's cracked, the newer carbon Nomads suffered the same problems as Blur LT Carbons, TRC's and IIRC tallboys with pivot bonding separation. I guess though if you don't read into a brand you don't know these things.

I have a new Nomad, its nice and I think i'd recommend one, just don't believe like the above poster everything you read.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Several of my friends ride very early Nomads, Hecklers, Bullits and Super 8's. I know of more old Santa Cruz bikes in use than any other brand.
  • Several of my friends ride very early Nomads, Hecklers, Bullits and Super 8's. I know of more old Santa Cruz bikes in use than any other brand.

Must be true then :roll:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Several of my friends ride very early Nomads, Hecklers, Bullits and Super 8's. I know of more old Santa Cruz bikes in use than any other brand.

Must be true then :roll:
    I don't do smileys so I'll borrow yours.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Banshee Spitfire is supposed to be the Enduro bike for DHers so I hear.

Saw a few Nomads in the bike park over summer but everyone who rides one said they hated the feeling of smashing it to pieces in the bike park - just not built for the rigours of that sort of riding day in day out. Probably be good for the odd uplift day though in the UK.

I doubt you will find many people with Spartans in the UK. I have seen one in Whistler. Looked nice but not as nice as the Troy.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.