SDG Falcon Ti-Alloy Saddle
RockShox Reverb Seatpost 380mm
Thomson Seat CollarR
Renthal Fatbars 780mm gold
Lizard Skin lockons
Renthal Duo 50mm

Hope Hoops Pro 2 Evo Flow EX Wheelset straight pull - 27.5/650b
Geax Goma tryes

Should be ready for collection this weekend, more pics to follow!
Banned from singletrack forum again :-)

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    ooh - different!

Going 26 or 27.5?
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • m_cozzy
    m_cozzy Posts: 132
    Knew I would miss an important details like that! 650b, spec list updated
  • paul.skibum
    Could be interesting - have you tested one? How does their suspension work compared to other systems?

The frame looks a tad....industrial for my tastes - few too many extra tubes but at least it will stand out from the crowds! More pics!
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Very nice indeed! I've always liked their bikes so looking forward to seeing this one fully built.

My only comment would be I think it would look much better with all black finishing kit rather than red bits as IMO red and orange are bit too close to go well together.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    :D So your getting a balance bike? :D

Not sure I'd have gone with Saints at both ends, perhaps a regular rear brake and a saint Calliper on the front (matching levers....although Saint and XTR trail levers are pretty much the same. Be interested to see how you find that.

Nice spec......very much agree with the colour observations though!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Siiiiicccckkk
  • m_cozzy
    A terrible low light photo with it all roughly together.
    More tomorrow when I finish it.

IMG_20141025_190658.jpg
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    That's proper nice. Looks like it should make a great enduro bike and should take some abuse.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    That looks like it'll be a lot of fun out on the trails, definitely an unusual ride! The duo stem seems to put the bars a bit high though.
  • Like that a lot!!
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I like that a lot, it looks hard as nails.
  • The Rookie
    Looks very sharp, not sure about the bar height though.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • m_cozzy
    Finished, for now anyway.
    Reverb & Shimano hoses shortened, wasn't looking forward to that but no problems.
    Bar height is not odd, just the angle of the picture (EDIT the seatpost is also not extended)
    The green graphic on the x01 mech was a surprise, I was expediting grey, but it looks ok.
    The seat doesn't quite match, as the frame is much more orangey that expected. Its difficult to capture the colour well in the pictures.
    I want to replace the black seatclamp with a pale gold one to match the bars/stem/forks. Most seem a very yellow gold, any suggestions?
    Complete weight is 33.4lb on my scales. It wasnt built to be light though, as I'm not :D
    Might even got for a ride later.

DSCN0476.JPG

DSCN0483.JPG

More pics on Google photos.
    https://plus.google.com/photos/113359328402252232543/albums/6072551186262005201
  • The Rookie
    Kcnc gold is much more golden than many.....
  • Nice bike

I find the hope gold/raceface gold/ superstar gold all matches well.

My old 456

Hope hubs and seat clamp

Raceface bars

superstar pedals

dscf1037e.jpg
  • paul.skibum
    Yeah he's looking for a gold that matches the fork stantions not golds that match each other!

Nice looking ride - pretty beefy build but I reckon you could ride that into any kinda sh*t and it would absorb it and want more.
  • Yeah he's looking for a gold that matches the fork stantions not golds that match each other!

Nice looking ride - pretty beefy build but I reckon you could ride that into any kinda sh*t and it would absorb it and want more.

My Bad, yep the kcnc gold would be a better bet, I had some kcnc chainring bolts in gold you could have had but I got rid a few weeks ago.
  • The Rookie
    Lol, I had some gold KCNC bolts as well, they are slightly more amber and as close as you'll get to the shock/ forking coating I've seen, still a little yellow, but more amber (if that makes sense) than most.