Help with Assos T.607 FI Mille S5 Bib Shorts Sizing.

designman
designman Posts: 405
edited October 2014 in Road buying advice
Looking at buying myself the "Assos T.607 FI Mille S5 Bib Shorts", but need help in the sizing if possible please, I'm 5' 11", 32 inch waist, 37 inch chest, weigh 65kg.
Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Comments

• mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Medium at best, poss small. Can you get to an Assos dealer and try a pair? Or order 1 in each size and return the unwanted one. You could give The Bike Rooms in Mcr a ring as they are the Assos importer.
    M.Rushton
  • designman
    I have a pair of "Assos T Fi.Mille S5" in size medium, but reading from some reviews on certain websites, people are saying when purchasing the "Assos T.607 FI Mille S5 Bib Shorts" that you should go up a size.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,891
    I am 70kg and fitted into a small with no issues, the medium was too big for me on the legs, and the straps too loose.

Was surprised, as I too had heard about sizing up.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • I have the same and my stats are 5'8", 32" waist, 31" inseam, 72kg, 39" chest, average (ie not skinny) thighs and the M size is perfect.

I'd say the M would fit you with the caveat that I'm not certain the bib straps will be quite long enough. For me they are perfect but as with all Assos bibs, they pull when you stand up, being cut for the road riding position. HTH.
  • designman
    Thanks for the replies.
    From what I've read, the T.607 runs small and are a tighter fit, so some recommend to go a size up.

What have others done?

I'm unable to try these on in person as none of the LBS stock Assos and will be buying online, so I don't want to have to mess around with returns if possible.
  • foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    Medium.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    I'll say med as well
    M.Rushton