"Suicide" brakes

johnboy183
johnboy183 Posts: 832
edited October 2014 in Workshop
Hi
I'm about to get my 8yr old a 2nd hand Pro-Lite TheOne Mini Race bike. I believe I will be able to adjust the existing levers so that he can reach and use them safely. However I was wondering whether it would be possible to fit extra levers horizontally similar to what they have on CX bikes? Do I need a special set or can I or more likely lbs fit such levers on this bike?
Many thanks

Comments

• chicken levers can be fitted on any bike... you just need to cut the outer cables and fit a couple of ferrules
    left the forum March 2023
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Does he really need/want drop handlebars? Can't you fit a pair of cow bars and make the transition when he is a little older?

Nice though:

prod34162_IMGSET?wid=500&hei=500
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Oh he WANTS! Need is probably me and his mum for piece of mind. He has some experience of riding drops, especially Islabike Luath smaller size and his own, totally unsuitable Viking. But hey ho the Viking is green which is really important. I hadn't considered bull bars but perhaps worth looking at. Thanks. And yes it is a lovely looking bike. And the boy who is currently riding it is pretty fast. Hoping some of that speed rubs off!

I did find a couple of "how to" vids on YouTube so hopefully I'll manage to fix them. Think I need extra cable, plus a ferrule or 2 and plenty of time and patience :shock: :lol: :oops:

And thanks for the replies