Which Cyclocross bike for a newbie

chucky mama
chucky mama Posts: 3
edited November 2014 in Cyclocross
Hi, I am new to Cyclocross bikes, I am looking for one for road, byway and tow path use. I don't intend competing. I have a budget of up to £800 and would like to be able to tackle some pretty damanding hills that we have locally plus would like the option to have extra brakes on the top of the handlebars. I am 5'4" (and a very important 'bit') and have an inside leg of 31inches (female) - Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I also have a friend who is 5'1" looking for the same sort of bike.

Comments

• Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 83
    The CAADX from Cannondale gets used the most since I got it.
  • Thank you
  • simonj
    simonj Posts: 346
    Boardman CX Team may be an option, just wait for Halfords to do one of there 10% off deals which they do frequently or join British Cycling and 10% off EVERYTHING at Halfords.
  • simonj wrote:
    Boardman CX Team may be an option, just wait for Halfords to do one of there 10% off deals which they do frequently or join British Cycling and 10% off EVERYTHING at Halfords.
    You can do both. ..
  • simonj
    simonj Posts: 346
    Yup, forgot that, have done that many a time also. :)
  • Ridley X-Bow, Genesis, Saracen there are loads now that you can get from all different suppliers Ridley would be good if you are thinking cyclocross 1st then commuting if not maybee the genesis or saracen?

http://www.swinnertoncycles.co.uk/bikes-c97/cyclo-cross-c102#b9