Boys first 'proper' bike

Cyclum
Cyclum Posts: 104
edited October 2014 in Family & kids cycling forum
We are both keen riders and so we bought our son a bike when he was 2. Sadly it was a bit cheap and it seems to have put him of even trying to learn.

He's almost 5 now and we're going to invest in a nice bike for Christmas. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good 'first bike' that suitable for someone who doesn't yet ride?

I'd also prefer not to spend too much as he'll grow out of it soon and with him not riding yet I'm assuming that it will take more than its fair share of bumps.

Thanks.

Comments

• Isla, Hoy, Frog bikes? If they are too much, then try Halfords' Carreras, or maybe Decathlon.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Cyclum wrote:
    We are both keen riders and so we bought our son a bike when he was 2. Sadly it was a bit cheap and it seems to have put him of even trying to learn.

He's almost 5 now and we're going to invest in a nice bike for Christmas. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good 'first bike' that suitable for someone who doesn't yet ride?

I'd also prefer not to spend too much as he'll grow out of it soon and with him not riding yet I'm assuming that it will take more than its fair share of bumps.

Thanks.
    Can he ride a balance bike?
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.