Condor Tempo

marcusjb
marcusjb Posts: 2,412
edited October 2014 in Your road bikes
I've been riding fixed for about 4 years now on an On-One Pompino. All of my commuting (not a regular commute, but 2 to 3 times a week into town, and a couple of times a month out to my main office, which is about an 80km roundtrip) and quite a lot of my winter training laps of Richmond Park etc. have been on fixed.

I only do about 4500km a year on fixed, but sort of fancied upping that a little. So when I saw that Condor were doing the Tempo in orange, it set a little idea in my head, that wouldn't go away. I have an orange Fratello that I do most of my distance riding on and it's now done Paris-Brest-Paris, London-Edinburgh-London and a few other 1000km+ events.

Anyway - it was a good time to buy a smarter fixed, so I spoke with Condor. Two things I didn't like about the frame - S3X bosses and the fact there was only one set of bottle bosses on it (which would be fine if it were just for commuting, but as I fancy doing some longer stuff on it, I wanted two sets). It would cost me an extra £100 to have those two things sorted out, and a 20 week lead time. Ah well - I wasn't going to be riding the new bike for the summer as planned.

Anyway - it arrived, exactly on schedule. It matches my Fratello perfectly and I've been able to transfer the measurements across from it.

The build is:

Frameset - Condor Tempo with Condor carbon forks
Brakes - Velo Orange Grand Cru deep drops
Brake levers - Tektro RL340
Stem and handlebars - Condor stem and Nitto Noodle bars
Seatpost - Velo Orange Grand Cru
Saddle - Brooks Cambium C17
Cranks - Sugino 75
Chainring - Sugino Zen
BB - Sugino 75
Chain - KMC Z1X INOX
Sprockets - EAI Superstars
Rear wheel - Velo Orange Grand Cru fixed/fixed with H Plus Son TB14 in polished chrome with DT Competition spokes (32)
Front wheel (not pictured as spokes haven't arrived yet)- Shimano Dura Ace 7900 with same rim and spokes as above (28)
SKS Mudguards
28mm Conti 4 Seasons

I've only taken it on a couple of quick trips around Richmond Park and it feels great. Comfy (which I expected as it's the same as my Fratello) and just great to ride.

Love it! Will have to clean the Fratello and get a photo of the two of them together!

15375205499_356ab1bcc7_c.jpg

15533864961_c10f184eaa_c.jpg

15350923410_e3eec826c3_c.jpg

15350562227_433bf564a5_c.jpg

Comments

• ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Lovely!

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • motog
    motog Posts: 122
    That's a cracker :P
    Tempos are great fixed wheel bikes.
    Look forward to seeing it on an audax soon.
    I may be riding one too, just a little bigger and in blue :)
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    That is so smart. Want. 8)
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • That's a simply lovely bike! When I read "mudguard eyelets" and clearance for 28C tires, I assumed them to be mutually exclusive. Do you have a shot of the clearances at the brakes? I'm pleasantly surprised to find that it will fit 28s AND fenders. That makes for a much more usable machine.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,896
    Looks fantastic
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    shrewboy13 wrote:
    That's a simply lovely bike! When I read "mudguard eyelets" and clearance for 28C tires, I assumed them to be mutually exclusive. Do you have a shot of the clearances at the brakes? I'm pleasantly surprised to find that it will fit 28s AND fenders. That makes for a much more usable machine.

Plenty of room on tempos and fratellos, using 35mm chromaplastic mudguards. 57mm deep drop brakes (grand Cru on this frame, but I have R650s on this one - yet to decide which is best).

And they have rack eyes at the rear. This one now has a Tubus Fly on it for commuting duties. And it is a fabulous commuter - putting a smile on my face!