SCAPIN Etika RC

djhermer
djhermer Posts: 328
edited October 2014 in Your road bikes
First time I've posted any of my bikes on here. As this is unusual I thought there might be some interest...

SCAPIN Etika RC Frameset
Custom paint job (Fluro yellow, but with Tricolore on seat tube, black dropouts and colour coded 'S' on Seatpost).
Currently built with SRAM Red 22 (Rotor MAS crankset), but that's being replaced with Super Record
Ritchey WCS Apex 38mm Carbon Tubulars
3T finishing kit (bars to be replaced with stealth)

I managed to get a test ride in the summer and was utterly blown away. The most amazing, responsive, planted frame I've ever ridden. I sold a lot of gear to be able to have this.

Buying experience was second to none, thanks to my friendly local dealer (http://www.fittoride.net) one of only a few in the UK. Considering it's a bespoke build, manufactured in Italy by Olympia and I ordered it just before the August shutdown, I still got the bike within 5 weeks.

As ever, the photos do not do the frame or paint justice. It's a joy to behold and has me laughing out loud when riding.

FfjN80.jpg
oYe1GT.jpg
DQbcEV.jpg
Z5BAjH.jpg
NaZwuq.jpg
R6CiU0.jpg

Comments

• WowWee!! :shock:
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    That is lovely.
  • ti_yred
    ti_yred Posts: 55
    My LBS is a Scapin dealer...I just have to go and have a look at his range every time I go in, they look absolutely fantastic in the flesh. That looks really very nice :)
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Yep. Nice.
    If I was ever to replace my current best bike with another carbon one these boys would be on the shortlist.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    Wow that's my favourite bike on here, absolutely stunning, how does it ride.
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • Mart74
    Mart74 Posts: 111
    Stunner 8)
  • djhermer
    Thanks fellas. Good to know when something is appreciated.

I was on a bit of a search to find something that thrilled me as much as my Colnago Extreme C. I'd gone cannondale, Kuota and Parlee trying to find it. I was on the verge of accepting it was a new colnago or nada until this came along. I've kept my Extreme - it's a lifetime keeper - but this gives me all the joy that has plus a whole load more.

It's difficult to describe. But every watt is transferred into forward momentum, it's stiff, it's fast, it handles like a dream. The BB area is the size of a coke can. And it's stylish. Über stylish. Unusual and unique.

I love it. I think my search is over.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Funnily enough my current bike is a Colnago Extreme Power and that too is a keeper. I've had it for 12 months but for the first time ever I've not even considered changing my bike...
    But these do look damn fine, it'd have to be n+1 though :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • mikewoods
    mikewoods Posts: 135
    Damn that's fine!
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    That's sweet.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    lovely to see something different, and its a beauty too
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Very 8)
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    Very nice
  • I really like the hi-vis aspect of that, it looks ace! Hefty frame price, though!
  • limoneboy
    limoneboy Posts: 480
    My fav frame set , my local has one in black and orange he says if no one buys it he is having it , funny that it's just his size ! Lovely lucky you.
    last month wilier gt -this month ? bh rc1
  • Lovely bike but terrible photos don't do it justice. Nap D - aren't you supposed to be policing this? :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12618247
  • maxlite
    maxlite Posts: 293
    Love it, one of the best bikes on here :D
    Cervelo R5
    Cinelli Saetta
    Giant XTC
    Raleigh Classic
  • Just back from my LBS, where he had one (blk/red). I looked through the catalogue and saw this colour combo and just drooled. Its lovely.

Just needs some matching lumo Deda bar tape (bought some last Friday) :wink:
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • kim10
    kim10 Posts: 186
    That is one of the best looking bikes I have seen on here for a long time. My local LBS also stock Scapin and they currently have a similar frame to yours but in black and red. I have been told off twice for dribbling all over it!! If only I had the money.

Enjoy the ride!
  • djhermer
    Thanks for all the positive comments folks! I know the photos are garbage, but it would never be done justice anyway. It literally glows. Those that have seen them will know that in the flesh they are absolutely mind blowing. As for the ride....

Come the Spring it will be wearing Super Record, which i think it deserves.