Cannondale Synapse 105 Alloy.

wilkij1975
wilkij1975 Posts: 532
edited October 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi all

I'm really liking the look of the new Synapse 105 alloy but have noticed it has a 25.4mm seatpost which is kind of putting me off. I've had a look around and there are very few options for that size of post should I need or want to change it. The only one I could find was Thomson but they never seem to be in stock anywhere.

Are there any options that people know of for that size and am I just being a bit stupid letting that put me off what looks like an ideal bike for what I want?

Comments

• dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,219
    If you like the rest of the bike I wouldn't let that put you off it. I read somewhere that it is that diameter to make it more comfortable, more flexible than a bigger dia. seatpost.
  • If your that worried then say to the shop you will only have it if they supply you with a spare seatpost as well. They should then find you something.
    In all my years of having bikes, I've never needed a new seatpost.
    I know what you mean though because I was put off a Giant with a D shaped seat post. It would be hard to get another in a couple of years if someone nicked it.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Cannondale seat posts are super short, so do not rule out ever needing a replacement.
    Guess it rules out ever getting a carbon one, or one with a setback too.
  • I noticed it's only 300mm. I'm 6'5" but would need the 58 as I'm all legs so would most likely need a longer post than 300mm. The Thomson one in that size (the only decent one I've found) is only 330mm long too and is only the inline one.

Think it's out for me really which is a shame. I know it would give comfort but surely a 27.2 would too and then there's lots of aftermarket choice. Seems bizarre to me!