Moon X300

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,098
edited October 2014 in Commuting general
Am after a really bright light for winter nights, to actually light the road ahead on unlit country lanes - this is a light to see with, not be seen with!

Anyway, this is on offer at Wiggle - is it any good????

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    OK that's great - I've actually got one of those Cree lights but had a sudden power loss on it last winter as I was about to attempt a descent in the pitch black, so have somewhat lost confidence!

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The Moon X Power 300 is a Cree LED light ;-). it depends who assembles the rest as to quality, and the Moon is good quality. However depending on what you are used to or what you need don't expect a huge output.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I use a Lezyne Macro, 500 lumens and a very good light pattern for a commuting light, I'm on dark country lanes as well, it lasts about 2 hours in max power (not the over power setting available) and charges from a USB, it's light and compact as well, I really like it. Only mild criticism is that the way it turns on and off (long press on the button) means you have to shuttle through the power and flash options every time you turn it on, silly, but a minor inconvenience, as I have that with the rear light as well which just shuffles through the options including off on each press.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Dommy
    Dommy Posts: 7
    I have this light and i'm happy with it. I only cycle on unlit roads for about 15mins and the rest is lit by street lights. The Shield 60 that came with it is really bright and I think being seen from the back is far better than the light going forward.

I don't know about anyone else with the same shield 60 light but I have noticed a design flaw. I've had this light about a year now have noticed the charging point is at the bottom of the rear light and even though it has a rubber bung the road debris and rain has corroded the charging point and turned the brass connectors green. It will only charge when I plug the charger in and hold it at an angle.

I emailed them today to see if the power button can be placed underneath so it's easier to use than fumble about under the saddle especially with thick gloves on and move the usb charging point to the top to keep it dryer.