R.A.T Through Axle Wheels Suggestions

Lukeaerowallace
Lukeaerowallace Posts: 23
edited October 2014 in Cyclocross
Hi Everyone,

I've recently purchased the new Focus Mares Ax 2.0 2015 (http://www.primera-sports.com/products/ ... 23371.aspx) and I am interested in buying a new set of wheels.

I am unsure however what wheels would be suitable for the RAT thru axle system. I am generally looking for a tubeless ready set of wheels that can cope with both general cyclocross training and the odd race (using the original Focus wheels for commuting) that come under the price of £400/500.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks Everyone :)
Focus Mares Ax 2.0 2015
Cervelo S3 2014
Giant Defy 1 2012

Comments

• Are you sure if thru axle? A friend of mine just bought a Focus CX disc and it's QR...

Anyway... hope PRO 2 on velocity Aileron rims laced with Sapim Race is the best you can get with your budget
    left the forum March 2023
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    15mm front and 12mm rear through-axles - Hope Pro 2 hubs with rims of your choice e.g. Pacenti CL25 on offer from Planet-X is a good deal.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Thank you everyone for the response, all help is appreciated.

Apart from building custom wheels, which does sound appealing are there any pre build/branded wheels people woudl recommend?

Ive looked myself and have seen there are multiple options from stan notubes, but, are their any other brands people would recommend?
    Focus Mares Ax 2.0 2015
    Cervelo S3 2014
    Giant Defy 1 2012
  • Ive looked myself and have seen there are multiple options from stan notubes, but, are their any other brands people would recommend?

Notubes or Superstar will possibly sell you a slightly cheaper and lighter set of wheels built by some underpaid worker in China who hates his job... and it generally shows... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023