XT Drivetrain Groupset

Bluestoesonnose
Bluestoesonnose Posts: 372
edited October 2014 in MTB buying advice
Well I've bought my new frame and forks, wheels are on order but I can't find a XT drivetrain groupset online. Looking for 170mm cranks, double in silver, are distributors waiting for 2015 kit?
This is why!

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I've only ever seen groupo's with 175 cranks.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    5mm is not a biggy
  • Maybe, but I like 170mm and my last groupo was that length
    This is why!
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Just get a set of 170mm cranks from CRC and flog the 175mm ones from the groupset, or build it up from individual parts.
  • surely the 'groupsets' are just built up when they ship them.

Have you tried giving someones like CRC a ring to see if they can swap out the chainset?
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Have you tried seeing if Merlin or someone would do an exchange on that one item in their groupsets? I dont see why you need the shorter cranks particularly but if you do you can always ask.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    Have you tried seeing if Merlin or someone would do an exchange on that one item in their groupsets? I dont see why you need the shorter cranks particularly but if you do you can always ask.

shorter legs, I run a 165mm XT crank
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I get the principle but I am 5'6 and have 29" inside leg - I ride a 175mm crank with no issues and wouldn't wish to lose the leverage.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I bought separate bits to make a transmission groupset in 2x10 from CRC, cheaper than anywhere else came out at less than £240 as I recall. They have an extra 10% off components at the moment as well, code is COMP or something.
  • Thanks all, called a well known supplier and got an exchange
    This is why!
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    I get the principle but I am 5'6 and have 29" inside leg - I ride a 175mm crank with no issues and wouldn't wish to lose the leverage.

I have slightly longer legs than you and I find it better than the 175 mm cranks before