Final University Project Survey - Chronic Injuries in Cyclis

BenjaminFreeman
BenjaminFreeman Posts: 9
edited October 2014 in MTB general
Hi,

I'm studying product design and technology at Brighton University and for my final design project, I am looking to address both comfort on the bicycle, and prevention of chronic illnesses as a result of cycling.

Specifically I am looking into our interaction with the saddle, and how this area could perhaps be the cause of unreported injuries and therefore improved.

If you could perhaps take two minutes to fill out this brief survey, and due to the perhaps sensitive nature of the discussion, please be assured the results are completely anonymous and will be used in the context of my academic work, and won't be shared with any other party.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C35Q9ZQ

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and hopefully completing my questions. If you wish to discuss it further or have any queries please don't hesitate to message me.

Cheers!

Ben Freeman

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so basically you assume that people have one bike.

and you want to know if they have caused themselves any injury from there saddle.

Poor.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    nicklouse wrote:
    so basically you assume that people have one bike.

and you want to know if they have caused themselves any injury from there saddle.

Poor.
    To be honest any university level research done on survey monkey is poor anyway.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I'm not sure chronic is the right term.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    and Cyclis is the 'best' form of aids
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Pants......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I caught bad aids worms from a survey monkey.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    What a rubbish survey. Not one of the best posted on here.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    What a rubbish survey. Not one of the best posted on here.

Do you cycle? If so, does your bum or your nuts hurt? If they do did you see a doctor?

Genius in its simplicity and inability to get any meaningful results.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I have suffered some testicular discomfort since cycle home from the brothel, is that the sort of answer he/she wants?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I've told you before to stop working there.....last time it wasn't it a sore arris......maybe that was the cycle home as well?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    edited October 2014
    We see so many of these poorly considered surveys here it makes me think there is a big hole in the teaching these guys are receiving if they can't even structure their investigation thoughtfully.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    It's not exactly gone too well in the roadie section either:

viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=12993257