arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    You just want to visit the site of student flats

Site visit to the students union 8)

Need any help?

Sounds like a dangerous combination, you, cheap booze and students :lol:
    Sounds like fun to me, can I come?

Yep, wonder if there is a student Union in stoke

Yup there is - I was banned from it (along with 3 friends) in 1993. We only went the once .........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Just went over to the crud side, can't say I like it over there full of odd balls who cover their faces and wear pads
    I think they like you, after all you got the traditional greeting.

I thought they were quite polite :lol:

I've told them you own a strip joint - it may help
    Arran, looks like you have some business interests - cycled past one of those little hotels in London made from a converted town house with a suspiciously familiar address: What a coincidence...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Count me in for this - morning plan changed slightly to chucking bike down the, smashing up helmet, big chunk out of and subsequent haematoma L hip, chuck out of elbow, top gloves and top.

Worst thing was having to drink instant coffee to try and warm up afterwards in cold, manly, smelly dismal troop office.

Bollox.
    D'oh!
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Just went over to the crud side, can't say I like it over there full of odd balls who cover their faces and wear pads

He got off lightly :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    arran77 wrote:
    Soft play areas are my worst nightmare, full of screaming brats and the places always stink because of all the bare feet :shock:
    Hell on earth! Piña must really love his kids to make that kind of sacrifice, respect.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Only one vodka last night and an early night means I'm feeling good today. The accident with the wall in Italy is healing, arm is scabbing over nicely but the knuckles keep cracking as I use my hand and is still quite painfull.
    Quotes-a-hoy today followed by some accounting.
    What happened there? Did I miss a good tale? Heal fast.

2nd hairpin of the holiday descending from the villa to Lake como, brand new brake blocks and a bit of bravado. I ran out of road and clipped a rough granite wall with my right arm and knuckles, trashed a pair of brand new gloves and tore the sleeve of my favorite jersey. Bike was OK though.

IMG_1681_zps865d4135.jpg

More pics in the touring section.

Count me in for this - morning plan changed slightly to chucking bike down the, smashing up helmet, big chunk out of and subsequent haematoma L hip, chuck out of elbow, top gloves and top.

Worst thing was having to drink instant coffee to try and warm up afterwards in cold, manly, smelly dismal troop office.

Bollox.
    Have you ever done anything that didn't result in injury?

I can imagine you in battle

"Charge!!"

"Man down, man down. MEDIC!"
    Medic arrives.
    Medic "Where does it hurt son?"
    Matthewfalle "My ribs, I think there broken."
    Medic "Gunshot?"
    Matthewfalle "Tripped over my shoelace, bollox."
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

Arran, looks like you have some business interests - cycled past one of those little hotels in London made from a converted town house with a suspiciously familiar address: What a coincidence...

I should get a discount, the cheeky beggars :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Only one vodka last night and an early night means I'm feeling good today. The accident with the wall in Italy is healing, arm is scabbing over nicely but the knuckles keep cracking as I use my hand and is still quite painfull.

2nd hairpin of the holiday descending from the villa to Lake como, brand new brake blocks and a bit of bravado. I ran out of road and clipped a rough granite wall with my right arm and knuckles, trashed a pair of brand new gloves and tore the sleeve of my favorite jersey. Bike was OK though.

IMG_1681_zps865d4135.jpg

Bollox.
    Have you ever done anything that didn't result in injury?

I can imagine you in battle

"Charge!!"

"Man down, man down. MEDIC!"
    Medic arrives.
    Medic "Where does it hurt son?"
    Matthewfalle "My ribs, I think there broken."
    Medic "Gunshot?"
    Matthewfalle "Tripped over my shoelace, bollox."

I like :) Problem is, I'm the medic, so it goes along the lines of:

Me: aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhh man down! Medic!
    Me: are you alright?
    Me: no. Snagged my toe nail getting my slippers on.
    Me: ooooooooooh - that's serious. Better have 6 weeks off watching Nina and looking at pictures of Jo Wylie
    Me: oh, alright then. You're the medical man.
    Me: too darn right I am. And don't you forget that.
    Me: sorry. Espresso?
    Me: don't mind if I do, ta muchly. Jaffa cake? Food of champions you know ......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Veronese68 wrote:

Bollox.
    D'oh!

Thank you for the sentiment but it's ok - it's the winter bike with 105 so no great loss.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

I should get a discount, the cheeky beggars :lol:
    Would Seano get a discount on an hourly hire rate? :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Veronese68 wrote:

IMG_1681_zps865d4135.jpg

Good work!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    arran77 wrote:
    Soft play areas are my worst nightmare, full of screaming brats and the places always stink because of all the bare feet :shock:

The problem is the munters that frequent the place with their coke and chips diet. They leave a 3/4 of the food lying around and my little one's think they can go and eat it. They never tidy up after themselves and they can't read the label on the bin that says 'NO NAPPIES, USE THE SANITARY ONE PROVIDED'.
    I get screwy looks 'cos I order fruit and I don't buy 'Fruit shooters'. I have no frickin idea how they manage when their kids are on a mixture of fat, sugary pop and sweets. The fat guy behind the counter said that he hadn't much fruit today, do they actually eat bananas?!? I was going to tell him that I was born in the jungles of darkest Africa and my monkeys are well trained - they are almost tame but I think that would have made his brain explode.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Impressed that you guys don't copy and paste. Oh and Hi, I do own a mountain bike, it is a bit unloved and is kept under the stairs along with the dog food

You got a positively warm reception sawotsit. I posted a picture of Jens Voigt with the title - 'This is god'.

It got deleted.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Impressed that you guys don't copy and paste. Oh and Hi, I do own a mountain bike, it is a bit unloved and is kept under the stairs along with the dog food

You got a positively warm reception sawotsit. I posted a picture of Jens Voigt with the title - 'This is god'.

It got deleted.
    Only because God is a mountain biker and was angered by your false idol.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    God is 6 foot leggy with good boobs. Jensie is a demi god (or a semi if you are that way inclined)
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy