Tools for demo8

tomydemo8
tomydemo8 Posts: 2
edited October 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
I've got specialized demo8 frame, got all bearings as well, just need that specific tool to fit it to frame.Bike shop can do it it's expensive though..Any help.
Im from Bristol.
regards.Tom

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    tomydemo8 wrote:
    I've got specialized demo8 frame, got all bearings as well, just need that specific tool to fit it to frame.Bike shop can do it it's expensive though..Any help.
    Im from Bristol.
    regards.Tom
    what is it?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    I would assume "it" is the bearing kit.

I used to have a Demo 8 and when it came to replacing the bearings I used the handle end of a socket wrench and small hammer to tap them out (start at 12 o'clock and do 6, 3, 9 etc so they fall out evenly) and then used a big nut + some bolts and washers to press them back in, along with some green Loctite. I used the same technique with my old SX Trail, and will no doubt do it again when it comes to replacing the bearings on my Nukeproof.

Just Google "DIY bearing press" and you'll get loads of ideas. Infact, this link might be handy...

http://forums.mtbr.com/giant/trance-bea ... 42343.html
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    I gave up assuming anything years ago.

viewtopic.php?f=10004&t=12561058

and if it is the bearings then why not use "them"?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    nicklouse wrote:
    I gave up assuming anything years ago.

viewtopic.php?f=10004&t=12561058

and if it is the bearings then why not use "them"?

What can I say, I still hold a little faith in my ability to tell what people are talking about, bad grammar or not :)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8