RS Sektor or Revs

Junglist_SoulJah
Junglist_SoulJah Posts: 16
edited October 2014 in MTB buying advice
Thinking of upgrading to one of these forks but not sure which to get, there is no details given for the revelation.

Revelation come to £270
http://www.merlincycles.com/rockshox-re ... 58513.html

Sektor are £250
http://www.merlincycles.com/rockshox-se ... 65764.html

Anyone know if there is much difference between them or if there is other forks i should be considering in this price range

Thanks

Comments

• Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Revs, the RL model is the more basic OE fork, has 7 or 8 damper settings but lacks low speed compression adjustment of the RCT3 model. Had the same forks on my old bike, plus being the 2014 model they should have the black stanchions unlike the photo.
  • Im currently running Epicon XC, main reason for wanting to upgrade is for the longer travel and external travel control.

Also looking at the sektor dual position coil version.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The revelation comes with a stupid remote lock. It's not just a case of not fitting it, you need to remove the return spring inside the damper otherwise it's permanently locked.
    I have just had to sort a set of RL Revs from Merlin for a mate.
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    The Rev doesn't have any adjustment for the amount of travel, not sure if they currently do a dual position version which would. I'd check that your frame can take the longer travel forks, they'll probably come as 150mm which mine where but require a new air shaft to change the amount of travel due to the design of the new solo air system. The revelations are the model up from the sektor so expect them to be lighter and possibly better damped.

Missed that they have the remote, so I'd expect them not to have the same range of adjustment either. Both forks also take a 15mm axle so may not be compatible with your wheels either if they are QR
  • ah ok i thought the rev had travel adjust also, I guess i'll go for the Sektor then.

Frame is an OnOne 456 so will be fine upto 150mm travel. My current wheel however is 9mm QR so i will be swapping for a 15mm through axle wheel.
  • The revelation comes with a stupid remote lock. It's not just a case of not fitting it, you need to remove the return spring inside the damper otherwise it's permanently locked.
    I have just had to sort a set of RL Revs from Merlin for a mate.

Dont believe you can do that on the 2014 version!

Was hoping to do it on mine, need to call tftuned to check!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The Rev is the better fork. Motion control DNA with rapid recovbery rebound - the damping is more composed - but as mentioned above you need to ditch the PushLoc to get full low speed compression adjustment, or modify the lever.
  • Antm81 wrote:
    The Rev doesn't have any adjustment for the amount of travel

https://www.sram.com/rockshox/technolog ... sition-air

according to the RS site the Rev does have dual air position
  • Yes, bur the versio you linked to does t have the feature... I know, I bought them ;)