New AM frame

trail muncher
trail muncher Posts: 73
edited October 2014 in MTB buying advice
I'm looking at getting a new Am frame so just after some advise or feedback from people that have ridden the bikes

i am looking at a

Transistion Patrol frame
Santa Cruz Nomad
Devinici Spartan
Commenal meta v4
Liteville 301

will be building it up with either sram x1 or xtr 11 speed, race face cranks, enve finishing kit and enve or mavic wheels

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I would go for a Banshee Rune. Very nicely built and a great ride plus you can swap drop outs to suit 26" or 27.5" wheels.
  • not through on the banshee i will have a look
  • I know 4 people with the new 27.5 carbon nomad and all 4 of them love it, they changed them from the old 26" one and said the slacker angle makes such a difference combined with the 27.5 wheels, group sets are from xt, xtr and saint with 160mm pikes and the Others with Fox 36
    I also know a guy running a new carbon Bronson with pikes which he rates but he does switch between that and the 29" yeti 95c
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    It's not on your list but since the other guy mentioned it, I have a Bronson which I think is a perfect all mountain ride. A little lighter on travel than the Nomad but no bad thing as I reckon the nomad edges into over kill in the UK.

I know a couple of people with Devinci Troy's (again a step down from the Spartan you mention) and they love them plus they look fantastic.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Agree the Bronson is a great bike, I couldn't afford one so went for the heckler with 160mm pikes and ctd 150mm rear and it's got which has the same geometry as the Bronson but it's just a single pivot.
  • Depends on when you want it, but Bird Aeris?
  • that bird frames look interesting wondering if i could run a coil shock on it
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    that bird frames look interesting wondering if i could run a coil shock on it

Yes it will fit no problems but I'd advise you might want to only run 150 mode if you go coil. 140 probably doesn't have the progression you would want to stop a coil feeling mushy.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    A Cane Creek DB CS or DB Inline would work nearly as well as a very good coil shock but climb better.