Rigid forks

step83
step83 Posts: 4,170
edited October 2014 in MTB buying advice
Been faffing about looking at them for a while decided they are worth a shout making a winter commuter/hack bike. Spotted some Gusset Jurys on Trez for about 60 notes. Anyone know of anywhere else doing good deals on rigids with disc mounts for a 26" wheel?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    For use on Road. Look for Mosso forks on eBay, light and just a little flex making the ride more comfortable.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • step83
    Brilliant thanks for that Rookie ordered a pair
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You won't regret it, I have them on my commuter, light than many carbon, look better on road and much more comfy on what my local council claim is an adequate road surface than anything short of suspension. A friend tried mine and then Bought a pair to put on his town/pub bike.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • step83
    They are going on the Kraken so when they come ill pop some photos up in the thread.
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    Make sure you get the correct axle to crown (A2C) unless your planning on dropping the front end and changing the steering geometry.
  • step83
    A2C comes out for about an 85mm fork 413mm or 16.25"", frame came with 75mm fork if I remember correctly so slightly more upright but the frames OK up to 100mm anyway.
    I had forgotten to check that though I think its more luck than judgement I got a size thats liveable