Go Pro Hero

Rigger/frigger
Rigger/frigger Posts: 44
edited October 2014 in MTB buying advice
Alright people,

I am considering the new Go-pro hero which retails around £99. I really can't justify the £280+ for the other models. Does anyone have one of these who can give me feedback on the battery life.

Also does anyone have any alternatives for around the same price?

Cheers

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Battery life on the higher models is pretty good so the lower tech model should be even better with less features to drain the battery.
  • Do you have one of the newer models Rockmonkey?
  • I'm tempted too.. for the average user, it has more than enough features to keep you happy!

Video Mode Estimated Time:
    1080p 30fps 2:45
    720p 60fps 2:30
    720p SuperView 60fps 2:30

Thats consistent filming, the "black" version doesn't seem to last much over an hour!
  • I had seen them stats on the website and I couldn't believe it. My pals have last years model and they carry 3 or 4 batteries as they say their getting less than an hour. I was a little bit worried because the hero pro doesn't have the removal battery.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Do you have one of the newer models Rockmonkey?

I have the Hero 3+ which is loaded with pointless features and can produce such high quality film that you need a super computer from NASA to edit the video and a 18" pipe to send it down instead of a broadband cable.
    I usually set mine to 60 fps and the lowest HD resolution (980p?)
  • Dave_P1
    Dave_P1 Posts: 565
    I have the HD Hero 2 and I have never had a problem with battery life. I record in 720p 60fps and it last's a day of use, albeit getting switched on & off constantly due to what I'm filming.
  • How long does your battery last Dave_p1?