New Campac Record

Brian1
Brian1 Posts: 595
edited October 2014 in Road buying advice
Anyone know when you can buy this groupset? Have tried google and the big retailers but nothing. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    If you mean the 2015 campagnolo record, it will be available to buy from the last week in October, I read it here...

http://www.comtat.co.uk/products/20.htm
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    You could just buy the 2014 groupset. The chainset is the major change and if you are not intnending to change chain rings all the time then there is nothing wrong with the 2014 version and I know there is stock.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    buy the 2014 model anyway it looks so much better !
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • bontie
    bontie Posts: 177
    Erm,no. The 2015 groupsets are vastly different. The shifters and mechs are also not reverse compatible. It is not only the chainset. 2015 groupsets are shipping and some have already received them.
  • bontie wrote:
    The shifters and mechs are also not reverse compatible.

Wow, really? I don't know why in Vicenza they don't just pick & roll snot into balls instead of trying to change standards to prevent things from being compatible
    left the forum March 2023
  • bontie
    bontie Posts: 177
    Officially they aren't then tested and confirmed by velotech. Not reverse compatible.
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    bontie wrote:
    The shifters and mechs are also not reverse compatible.

Wow, really? I don't know why in Vicenza they don't just pick & roll snot into balls instead of trying to change standards to prevent things from being compatible
    Its all in the name of progress.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • on-yer-bike
    Its easier and quicker to change the the cranks with ultra torque than the chain rings. You have to change the chain length whatever you do.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • CptKernow
    CptKernow Posts: 467
    Huh! Is it just me or does that new chainset look a little like the Dura Ace 9000 chainset?! I think my love affair with Campag stuff could soon come to an end - it's not worth putting up with the extra compatibility and installation issues when it doesn't even look nicer than Shimano stuff.
  • If I was the head of Campagnolo I'd ditch most of their nonsense... three race groupset Record EPS; Chorus mechanical and Veloce, the rest is pointless or a repetition of the above with different logos. Then I would develop a product for the other market, that of those who don't care about the gram but want outstanding and durable quality... something priced in line Record but with legendary quality... stainless bits and bops, no plastic, no alloy nuts... maybe with an hydraulic version for discs, something you would fit on that special bike
  • cycleclinic
    I would do the same and also release there perfect hubs in all drillings.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Then I would develop a product for the other market, that of those who don't care about the gram but want outstanding and durable quality... something priced in line Record but with legendary quality... stainless bits and bops, no plastic, no alloy nuts...

And I'd make it clear that the groupset would all be fully serviceable with individual components available from stock and not at ludicrous prices.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • cycleclinic
    yep and all those shifter parts they used to do would be available. Plus square taper would make a comeback. The carbon record square taper cranks I have on the race bike are quite possibly the best thing they ahve ever made.
  • FFS
  • You're pushing it too far...
    I'd be happy with just getting rid of the nonsense, like alloy chainring bolts, plastic bits in the shifters, better seals and stronger bearings for the bottom bracket, all those little things that are bound to break and annoy you endlessly when they do so. A group set for mileage maybe with a 3 years guarantee or one based on mileage (it wouldn't be difficult to find a way to estimate mileage like some kind of wear indicator on the chainrings or an electronic thingy in the bottom bracket)
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I plan on sticking with my SR and Athena for a LONG time. Now it's changed, for the first time in forever I prefer the aesthetic of DA over campag.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • I'd be happy with just getting rid of the nonsense...or an electronic thingy in the bottom bracket)

[cough]

In the many years that I've been running Campagnolo (9-speed to EPS) I've never had a major problem. If you want to hark back to the past then that's fine, but in the real world companies need to evolve to survive and IMO Campagnolo are doing a fine job. I like the new chainset - it looks amazing in real life and makes the Shimano 4-arm look cheap.
  • In the many years that I've been running Campagnolo (9-speed to EPS) I've never had a major problem. If you want to hark back to the past then that's fine, but in the real world companies need to evolve to survive and IMO Campagnolo are doing a fine job. I like the new chainset - it looks amazing in real life and makes the Shimano 4-arm look cheap.

But you are special... and you know it... :D
    And judging by the photos I have seen somewhere, you must weight less than the upper body part of most people on here... :shock:
  • on-yer-bike
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I plan on sticking with my SR and Athena for a LONG time. Now it's changed, for the first time in forever I prefer the aesthetic of DA over campag.
    NO!
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo