Which go pro.

tubbs_214
tubbs_214 Posts: 185
edited October 2014 in Road buying advice
So Im seriously considering getting a go pro to time lapse some rides also use it under water(obviously not while riding ) I'm not to bothered about it being full hd as long as it looks ok on the tv/laptop. I might even do some time lapse stuff off the night Sky as well.

Thanks for any help as I really don't understand to much about these

Comments

• lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Have a good look at the Muvi HD (or K Series) as well.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • 47p2
    47p2 Posts: 329
    Go Pro Hero for £99.99

Click
  • SoSimple
    SoSimple Posts: 301
    Agree with above - pretty much a no brainer at that price - as long as you can live without the LCD screen.

I've been thinking about getting one to replace my rubbish Kodak ZX5, now they are doing one for under £100 it's brought my decision forward.

As for quality, it records in 1080 but at 30fps which could be a bit jerky with fast action footage but you'd not lose a huge amount of detail by recording at 720 and 60fps and it would be smoother.

Unless you've got the latest 4k def TV with a huge screen, you'd be future proofing but in my view not sure you'd notice the difference.

This one has time lapse shooting too.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    forget about the night sky though - sensor isn't sensitive enough for that ..
  • If you have an iPhone you don't need the LCD screen. The GoPro app does it all - monitor, remote and you can set the capture rate. It's great.
  • SoSimple
    SoSimple Posts: 301
    Happy to be proved wrong but I don't think this version supports the App. TBH given its massive wide angle lens and likely use it won't be a problem in use, but will hinder on the move viewing and editing. But if that's critical, just spend another £150!
  • But will the iPhone control work without the Bluetooth / Wifi funstionality, that is not available in the £99 version, is it?
  • Nope. I'd probably go with a 3+ black if you can afford one. Got one about half a year ago for 280, so should be able to pick one up a fair bit cheaper now the new one is out.