GoPro Dilemma

Nick Cod
Nick Cod Posts: 321
edited October 2014 in The hub
Afternoon All

Didn’t really know where to post this so apologies if it’s in the wrong place, mods please move if you like

So my younger brother is deploying with the Royal Navy later this month and not back until May next year. While he’s away he’s turning 30 so my Mum and I decided to club together and got him a GoPro Hero 3 White

I wanted it in plenty of time so made sure I ordered it well before he was due to depart. So the GoPro was originally scheduled to be here last Friday but the tracking details given to me by the retailer were not showing on the courier website. The lady I spoke to was very apologetic and said don’t worry we’ll despatch you another, should be with you early next week (this week) and no charge. No problem I thought

So Monday came and the GoPro arrived safely. Now here’s the dilemma, it seems looking at my online order details cross matched with the paperwork the one that turned up on Monday was the original order thought lost and not five minutes ago I’ve had the second one turn up which was the replacement. Now I haven’t done anything malicious or intentionally tried to rip anyone off but I’m sat in the middle of a bit of a moral dilemma, part of me thinks do I contact the seller and have them arrange a collection or is the likelihood is they will write this off?

I’m thinking contact them and at least give them the opportunity to pick it up at least then I’ll sleep a little easier at night and if they can’t be bothered I at least notified them of their error

I should add both items were signed for

Thoughts??
2016 Cube Agree C:62 SLT DISC
2013 Cayo Evo 3
2013 Zesty 414
2002 Avalanche 0.0
2018 Vitus Substance v2 105 Gravel

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675

contact the seller.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    If you feel the need to ask, you know what to do.
    Just do it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Contact them and if they don't collect you are ultimately allowed to "dispose" of it.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Give it back. Keeping it is theft.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    nicklouse wrote:

contact the seller.

Our postie quite often 'signs' for our stuff and then dumps it on the door step :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    I'm sure I'll get a bollocking for this but I would keep quiet and if they ask for it back then I'd give it back, but if they didnt then I would keep it.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    I agree. But the moral issue is what are you going to do with the other one. You bought it for his birthday and then you show up with one - that sort of degrades his birthday so send it to me.

Let me suggest to you that his seafaring friends will probably celebrate his birthday by getting him a ladyboy from some siamese low end bar and telling him that she is a really beautiful girl.

If that is the case and by mistake a second one turns up then are you going to keep it unless they ask for it back too?/
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    I'd let them know you have the second one but don't go out of your way to accommodate them. Tell them they've got to collect it at a certain time, otherwise you'll end up waiting in all day for a courier to pick up.