Dulwich, attempted bike theft and mugging

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,692
edited October 2014 in Commuting chat
Just saw this over in Road General and thought anyone in the area may want to know.

Comments

• Whenever I've ridden up there, I wouldn't have been in much of a state to defend myself near the top.

Sounds equal parts scary and half-baked.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Yep, make sure you've got your D-locks handy.

I tend to take the safe route through Deptford, Lewisham and Catford these days... :roll:
  • daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    Cheers for the heads up - I sometimes have call to go that way...
  • Squawk
    Squawk Posts: 132
    I go up there regularly whenever I fancy the "hard" route home. My gf rides up there too. Not good.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Good spot V. Not my usual route but I have gone that way once in a blue moon for a bit of variety.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Yikes! I usually turn and go along the South Circular but occasionally go that way for a bit of hill practice.

Hope the police catch the little scrotes and that no-one has had more than a nasty scare.
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    This is on my daily route. Weird riding up there tonight in the gloom. Thankfully there were a few people about.

You can see where they might hide - there are some steps from the flats on the right as you go up that would be a likely spot.

Sadly the alternative routes really aren't very appealing either. :(
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.