Cannondale CaadX 105 disc 2015 weight and wheels

marcusww
marcusww Posts: 202
edited April 2015 in Cyclocross
Anyone know the weight of this bike.

Also anyone know the weight of the wheels on it?

Comments

• simon t
    simon t Posts: 132
    my Caadx Sora is 10.2kgs out of the box less pedals, the stock cannondale wheels are 2kg+ but the frame is actually quite light and rides really well
  • StefanP
    StefanP Posts: 429
    Yes, I had the wheels weigh in at 2.2kg for the 2014 105 model, this won't have changed for this year.
    Currently my bike is at 9.5kg including some m520 pedals, having only changed the wheels, so a light weight is easily attainable!
  • backo
    backo Posts: 167
    have the 2015 model and it weighs in just under 10kg with the stock wheels on....... have already changed the wheels though!
  • What did you change the wheels to?

I have the same 2015 105 version, quite pleased with it. Brakes are not the best but will do fine for now. Thinking about some new wheels for the summer next year.
  • marcusww
    marcusww Posts: 202
    I went into the bike shop at the weekend and weighed the Caadx 105 2015 in 56cm. 10.4 kg
  • backo
    backo Posts: 167
    Went down the handbuilt route Nufc as factory wheels were very limited.

built some archetype rims with novatec hubs....cost £290 for everything and weigh in around 1700g......very much better than the stock wheels
  • Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 83
    I've had my CAADX 105 for a week, now and I am enthralled by it. What a great bike!

I catch myself daydreaming of the ride I just had or will have. Amazing!.

I have a Pina Prince and a Cinelli steel frame, which I thought were the bees knees, but this is even better. And it's so unexpensive. Go figure.

The 105 gruppo is great for the price. I don't miss the SRAM Red I have on another bike, and the Shimano is much quieter. What's not to love?

I can ride this bike all day. At 10.4 Kg, is my heaviest bike, but the ride quality makes you forget it.

Never had an aluminium bike before, but this one does not seem to suffer from all the ills we attribute to the material.

My tech told me that the brakes have to be broken in, when I said they were too spongy. And it's true, after a couple of hard descends, brakes are getting better.

Money well spent.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    I have this...swapped out those wheels for a set of Kinises Crosslight pro disc...perfect :D
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Just been taking my wheels apart (CAADX obviously), as I'm ordering some new/lighter items (Stans Iron Cross 32H, Sapim Race and Novatec D771SB/D772SB).

Remembered this thread, and thought I'd give it a seasonal resurrection :lol:

Tyres are Randonneur Pro Folding - 37mm. Tubes are Halfords own brand

Rear wheel/disc are approximate weights, haven't yet removed the disc. Total for the two parts is correct though. Weight includes rim tape, but not skewers.

FRONT

Wheel.......1026
    Tyre...........472
    Tube..........160
    Disc...........117

REAR

Wheel ......1200
    Tyre..........484
    Tube..........160
    Disc...........127

Total........3744

New wheels with Schwalbe One 28mm and lighter tubes, will shave 1100g off this :D
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Iron cross have a max psi of 45 I thought? So no good for road tyres.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • andy9964
    Dammit!!!! More research required then.
    Thanks for mentioning it before I pulled the trigger
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Stans grail, pacenti sl25 or archetypes
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • StefanP
    StefanP Posts: 429
    WTB i19s were my choice. About 400g for the rim. Not too high a price.
  • Mombee
    Mombee Posts: 170
    Just out of interest, given that 45 PSI seems really low even for a CX tyre (although they're clearly designed to be run tubeless), what would happen if these rims were run at 70-80 PSI to give a bit more 'pinch protection' during the dry summer? Are we talking about the tyre blowing off the rim or just an increase in tubeless 'farts' as the pressure tries to escape? It can't be any worse can it?
    http://www.mombee.com ... more than just bikes.
    Cannondale CAADX Disc
  • I've just had a pair built with Velocity aileron rims, sapim race spokes and novatec hubs (32h) - reasonably light and can run 25c tyres at correct pressure - I'm currently running 35c radonneur pro folding tyres - very plush and not too heavy.
  • andy9964
    I'm waiting for Hope Pro 2 Evo on H Plus Archetype with Sapim Race spokes. Should be here by the weekend :)