2014 Toddlebike Trial

BR_Gregor
BR_Gregor Posts: 222
edited October 2014 in Family & kids cycling forum
Toddlers Wanted – 50 UK Toddlers aged 18-26 months wanted to take the first step towards independent riding this Autumn with the 2014 Toddlebike Trial.

Following the success of our Bike Radar Toddlebike Trial in 2012 and 2013, Toddlebike has teamed up with BikeRadar again to offer independent, active, walking Toddlers the chance to take a Toddlebike home and use it as widely as possible indoor and out and share their findings.

Past results can be found in full on the Bike Radar Forums, or to see a round-up click here. viewtopic.php?f=40032&t=12813233

Involvement is free of charge with a £15 deposit refundable at the end of the project. No experience necessary – just a suitably aged willing child.

For more information or to apply please visit http://www.toddlebike.co.uk/2014trial/.
Communities and On Your Bike Editor, BikeRadar

Comments

• stannie
    stannie Posts: 167
    Can you clarify the age of toddlers required? You say 18-26 months but the toddlebike trial page says 18-36 months. ( my little boy is 28 months old)
    ....................................................................................................
    Waterford RS-14
    Trek Domane SL6
    Ridley Noah SL

A woman can never have too many bikes!
  • Hi there,

We're looking for Toddlers who are about to, or have just turned 2. Our recommended age for Toddlebike is 18-36 months but I know lots of children younger, and older who are still using theirs. They are all so different at this early stage so it's a hard one to call! The basic rule of thumb is that the child needs to be confidently walking - this so they can swing their leg over the crossbar without toppling over. The rest can be learnt at their own pace.

The upper end would be whether your child can ride a balance bike or pedal bike without stabilizers. If he is somewhere between the two then the Toddlebike Trial would be perfect for him to learn all of the basics of learning to ride, and get him ready for the transition from balance to pedals. And in the meantime he'll probably have lots of fun and spend less time in the buggy or car.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Jo

Jo Hockley
    Toddlebike
    Jo Hockley
    Toddlebike

johockley@toddlebike.co.uk
    01273 453940
    www.toddlebike.co.uk
  • stannie
    stannie Posts: 167
    He has a balance bike but is not confident to ride it - he like to push it along next to him rather than balance on it.
    Sounds like the toddlebike will be ideal!
    ....................................................................................................
    Waterford RS-14
    Trek Domane SL6
    Ridley Noah SL

A woman can never have too many bikes!
  • Yeah I think so too!
    Jo Hockley
    Toddlebike

johockley@toddlebike.co.uk
    01273 453940
    www.toddlebike.co.uk